A couple of months ago, I shed light on McDonald's Lebanon slacking service while their international counterparts are moving forward and updating their service on a global level. Besides maintaining their standards in quality and service, McDonald's is expected to animate their selection with exotic limited edition items that would help regularly refresh their menu.
This Monday, McDonald's Lebanon is launching a limited edition Mexican burger that I had the privilege of being the first to taste in their Dora branch. The Mexican burger, which will be available for three consecutive weeks starting Monday the 15th of April, is a must try. The launch will be coupled with a competition offering the chance to one Lebanese to travel to Mexico. The staff will be wearing Mexican hats and ponchos during this period to make you live the experience to the max.
The competition: Buy your Mexican burger and receive a special mustache. Upload your picture on twitter and Facebook and ask your friends to vote for you. The picture with the most likes will win.
The Mexican burger:
- Fried chicken
- Special soft bread
- Cheddar cheese
- Mexican spicy salsa sauce
- Sour cream
I loved it:
- Tomato is cut very thin and having a light skin that is pleasant to eat
- Herbs of the spicy sauce add a fine touch to the mix
- The same chicken is used as the grand chicken sandwich
- White non oily chicken breast battered with a crunchy crispy robe
- A bun is 12cm in diameter, and is bigger than the normal Big Mac's bun which is 9,8cm
Enjoying your Burger:
- The Mexican burger is served hot, fresh and crunchy
- It's not oily and feels light
- The mix of vegetables, sauce and chicken mesh perfectly to give you a premium creation
- The Mexican red sauce is slightly spicy and really enjoyable even for the people who do not like spicy food
- It doesn't contain ketchup so it doesn't have the sweet and synthetic feel
Good To Know:
- All vegetables in the market are produced in Lebanon. Their quality is unique and following international standards. I don't understand why other burger restaurants cannot have the same standards
- McDonald's has 5 different kinds of buns used in their menu depending on the sandwich ordered
- The meat and chicken are imported by trucks or planes from abroad
- The buns are imported frozen on a weekly basis
- Quality control is continuously monitored by a Lebanese team and an international one that visits the country frequently
- 10,000 L.L for the Mexican meal
- 6,500 L.L Sandwich only
You may think its weird writing a review about a McDonald's burger, but believe me it's a tasty sandwich that's worth trying. Try it while you have the chance to. Many other limited edition sandwiches will land in Lebanon before summer - stay tuned...