Situated in the middle of the Champs-Élysées, L'atelier Renault is one of the places to head down to and soak up the sights, sounds and street vehicles at the heart of Paris. Comprised of a bar, restaurant and exhibition space, this is a unique venture by the makers of Renault cars and a very original place to enjoy a drink or a meal in the French capital. After my experience during my last visit, I tried this place and personally I can tell you that I wont be sitting outside again. The experience between inside and outside on the terrace is drastically different. Inside, you will live the Renault experience in all its aspects, as for the terrace, it's more of a touristic gathering point on the side walk.
- Les Envies du Soir (Spring break, Charcut, Cheese, Vegetal)
- Nos Tartines (Estivale, Daniela, Parma, Bambini, Honey)
- Les Desserts du Soir (Macarons paradis, tutti frutti)
- Les Cocktails
- Les Boissons fraiches
- Les Glaces
- Les Alcools
- Les Boissons Chaudes
- La Collection Patisserie (Chef Armand Larher)
- Tartine Estivale: Eggplant caviar, pepper confit, grilled marinated zucchini, mozzarella and arugola
- Tartine Honey: Black olive tapenade, fresh goat cheese, fresh figs and honey dressing
- Choc-choc: Chocolate and vanilla ice-creams, chocolate sauce, whipped cream & brownie dice
I loved the food, its freshness and simplicity: Each tartine comes on a tray containing four distinctive plates. A sandwich, green salad, coupe of vegetables and a pinch of sea salt. As for the main ingredient, the tartine, its colors are mouthwatering before even digging in. On a large and thick slice of Pain de Campagne, slightly toasted, lay a couple ingredients depending on the what you have ordered. The ones we had were just great. The mix of eggplant and confit with the marinated zuchini and awesome as well as the idea of serving goat cheese, olive and honey together on a slice of bread. This superbe taste covers on all the other negative points that might occur.
- I cannot stand seeing the platter of food being transported from the kitchen outside on the sidewalk without any hygienic cover. Imagine the millions of bacteria that landed on our plates
- The waiters are unwelcoming, brusque and treat everyone like the next number in the place... The Champs Elysee location get customers without making effort
- The cleanliness of the plates is not the best you can ask for
- If you want to eat, the only choice you have are these tartines: 5 choices of food and that is it. Bizarre for a cafe/restaurant, no?
- I wont come here for an ice cream. Nothing's special about it: Look to your left, Haagen Dazs has dozens of interesting choices to pick and enjoy from
I love their creative sandwiches. Very tasty. Would I come back to L'Atelier? Yes, but never to sit outside