If I want to chose one single restaurant from the 19 restaurants reviewed in Germany, it would be this one. A welcoming fresh space that's light and classy, BMW Restaurant enjoys fine natural wood, parquet floor, a welcoming and smiley staff, perfect service, cleanliness and beautiful decor.
The restaurant of BMW's main showroom is next to the manufacture's museum and factory. This is where French cuisine meets Bavarian traditions.
The Restaurant Bavarie combines a French brasserie with the finest regional Bavarian products. The name already says what customers can look forward to: international, contemporary dishes made from sustainably produced regional ingredients. With fresh local fish cooked whole, Käfer classics, typical Brasserie specialities, healthy vegetable and salad variations with seasonal ingredients, and delicious desserts, there is bound to be something to suit all tastes.
Part of the Bavarie's overall concept is that it is run on green lines, and the theme of sustainability pervades all aspects of how the restaurant is run. In the modern room interior, whose basic architecture is first of all quite cool, a feel-good factor is fashioned from the interplay of wooden furnishings along with fabrics, plants, and a sophisticated lighting design. This makes it a popular and attractive meeting place in the evenings for business guests and tourists alike, as well as families and people who have come to pick up their vehicles.
A bar welcomes you, opening up on a large restaurant divided into many sections. What caught my attention is the big smoker decorating the terrace and the open kitchen. Lounge music, finesse, the first impression is fabulous.
The tables are made of light wood and painted with a clear white line around the edge and set with placemats and fine cutlery. A small plate for the olive oil, balsamic and salt mix as well as a table napkin. Grey, relaxing chairs, grey curtains in a restaurant that oozes class and finesse.
On the menu:
- Small Dishes
- Fish and Meat
Special items like a pumpkin risotto, bouillabaisse, Bavarian chicken or boeuf bourguignon are what you can expect to eat.
The well trained staff, approached us with the menu, the well trained staff An amazing service handled by a well trained staff, who approached us with the menu. Olive oil, salt from Portugal and fresh warm bread landed on the table as soon as we settled down.
Now for lunch:
- Monday is quiche and tart day. The big flamenkuch should be added permanently to the menu because it's delicious. A thin, crispy bread topped with cheese and crunchy bacon slices. I suggest you order it without onions. That's lovely presentation and a great start.
- Paté beautifully decorated with radishes and chips served with diced tomatoes on the side. Excellent watery pâté with this sweet apple sauce and the roasted wood fired bread. Plates are presented like in fine dining restaurants and their taste deserves two chef's hats from Gault et Millau.
- The salad is not any salad, but one prepared with finesse. Fresh greens, purslane, finely sliced radishes, cherry tomatoes cut in half and a bread stick of sweetened chestnuts.
The appetizers were awesome... The main courses were extravagant:
- A fine dining piece of art it is, a portion of yellow risotto, mini mushrooms, pumpkin flavors, lightly lemony, smoothly sweet and decorated with colorful flowers and foam.
- The schnitzel is breathtaking. A huge square of meat, battered and fried, served with wild cranberry sauce on the side. Juicy and tender with an interesting outer crust.
- The bourguignon is majestic. The presentation and meat are unmatched. This place should be starred!
Three kinds were offered at the table and prepared in glass cups. Chocolate mousse with ginger bread, mandarine mousse and creme brûlée. The chocolate mousse is exceptional, full bodied, flavorful, spiced up with some alcohol and finished with moist chewy bread at the bottom; it is lovely. The mousse was watery and tasty. The creme brûlée is as good as you'd expect.
I rarely give a 29/30 on taste, but this one deserves a top grade.