CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Bergerac: Table du Sud-Ouest, Achrafieh
Bergerac Wine List: Les Notres (Bérets Rouges, Bérets Blancs), Les Uns,eEt Les Autres, Vins Libanais disponibles a la demande. The Sud-Ouest Region and the others region. The concept is based on the South-West region of France.
The Menu Sections: Entrées, Accompagnements, Desserts, Plats, Fromage Et Charcuterie, Boissons Fraîches, Boissons Chaudes.
- Confit de Canard: Duck leg with with its fat served with mini steamed potatoes and caramelized onions. A perfect preparation... Until my teeth crushed a complete garlic.
- Foie Gras Poêlé: Four pieces of warm foie gras covered with ground salt and pepper surrounding little cubes of chutney with dried raisins, finished up with a line of olive oil. Two little pieces of Pain D'Epices add an additional flavor to the mix. That preparation is simple yet very tasty. I would personally change the plate's presentation. It is not up to the high-end ingredients it contains.
- Salade Landaise: Foie gras, magret de canard, lettue frisée, croûtons, haricots verts. Everyone loved it.
- Souris D'agneau: A lamb leg floating in its sauce. The thing is that lamb is very hard to cook. It has a smell few know how to manage. Bergerac masters this plate. Bravo.
- Terrine de Foie Gras: As good as all other decent restaurants would serve it. It cannot be more sophisticated.
- Tagliatelle au Foie Gras: Perfectly cooked and adequately seasoned, served with foie gras and Parmesan slices, this is a unique preparation indeed.
- Salade Fraîcheur: Carroyés, laitues frisées, coup aux de Parmesan, noix, haricots verts, sauce à l'aile.
- Saumon en Cocotte: I never tasted anything like this before in Lebanon.
- Suprême de Poulet: Prepared their way, the casserole contains a cooked chicken with tomato sauce and vegetables. The chicken is juicy and tender. Tasty indeed.
- Clean and clear unsophisticated architecture
- A simple and very well lit restaurant
- Two black boards show the ice creams, sorbets and an explanation about the duck (Le Canard: 130kcal/100g, vitamins B et Fer, Acides Gras polyinsatures = Bon cholesterol)
- A large shelve behind the bar displaying dozens of already opened bottles
- I loved the water carafe in the middle of the table making the cheap local plastic bottle disappear from your eye sight
- The ashtrays without cigarettes support
"All the food is tasty. Bravo chef Alexis"
- The waiter needs decent training
- The service is mediocre
- I hate the cheap and low quality small wine glasses. This is unacceptable in a French restaurant and unpleasant to drink in. A little investment is needed for classier and lighter cups.
- Stop the music, I beg you. The restaurant is small and packed with guests talking. It is enough echoes and sounds.
- The waiter is too comfortable as if he's chatting and playing with his friends. He cuts you in the middle of a conversation to go check on someone else. He uses his hands a lot, as if saying a poem out loud, or giving some kind of lecture... He leans on the chair as he's talking, which shows that he's bored and tired... although he had just started serving us. The worst part is his ironic smile that shows no sense of class.
- We agree that the restaurant is a French bistro, but minimum sense of professionalism is expected. When a waiter is at a table with the customers, he stays until they are done. There should be other waiters available to welcome other guests entering.
- I clearly asked the waiter to suggest dishes without garlic. The duck confit had garlic in it, although he insisted that there won't be. Please next time, get down your high horses and go ask the chef and get the right answer. This is a serious matter: I AM ALLERGIC!
- While moving the plates, he was having a phone conversation. Yes, plates in one hand and the phone in the other. Come on! Where the hell does he think he is? Some respect!
- His arrogance and attitude is unpleasant. He acts like he owns this restaurant and that everything he does is acceptable. Are we at a street falafel kiosk?
- The wine bottle was placed inside the ashtray. The photo is a proof.
- You should have seen him serving water. Hilarious!
- The caramel salted butter macaroon is simply extraordinary. That is a must try. Superb: Two thumbs up.
- The lemon meringue tart is mouthwatering
- The profiteroles with their dark chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream scoops is just perfect