CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Bill's Bar & Burger: American Diner Breakfast
Looking online for a good burger around the Financial District, I was led to Bill's Bar and Burger. Despite the average breakfast I had two days ago, I decided to come back and try their burgers. It's a nice place with a sports bar, lots of high tables and several television sets with individual tables and leather sofas.
A dimmed ambiance welcomes you in a musical setup where sports are the main attraction.
On the menu, find some burgers for sure, starters of American inspiration, salads, sandwiches, sides you have to order separately and desserts.
The promise of the food is betrayed by the reality; the same goes for the service. We received the fries with the nachos, a tiny little burger followed and lastly the chicken burger.
- A super small burger, ridiculously small for the $11 price, with two patties and a dry bun. Dry meat, melted cheddar, caramelized onions and in desperate need of adding sauce or ketchup. I added ketchup in effort to enjoy it because I was hungry.
- Unappetizing plate of nachos, melted cheddar cheese, an unpleasantly sweet sauce and lots of jalapeños. Average diner food.
- The fries are brown but not crunchy enough. A small portion for an American diner.
- Now for the chicken burger; $12.5 for this truly bad offering. The driest burger ever, dry chicken, microwaved dry bread and no sauce whatsoever. This is much more than a disappointment, it is shameful.
- Coleslaw; inedible, unpleasantly aromatic and very very sweet.
A deception indeed but I really wanted to stick with the experience until the end. Let's check on their desserts... if a waiter approaches. Service is slow and unwelcoming.
- The chocolate cake is great, the real American deal; rich and moist dark chocolate cake, the way Betty Crocker does it.
- Cheese cake is sour and lemony. Not bad, but not as good as the chocolate cake.
Slow, bad food, a deceiving place not worth trying.