CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
In December 2018, I spent three memorable nights at the Fauchon, which was still at its opening days. Back then, I thought that professionalism of service is because of the opening, but I turned out to be wrong after visiting this week. One year passed, and everything is still as good and even better. Breakfast, among other things, served at The Grand Cafe Fauchon proposes a selection of delicious cold cuts, cheeses, smoked salmon, and homemade a-la-minute specialties. Let’s eat!
Sit and let yourself be guided through the experience. The buffet which has cheese, salmon, Parma ham and fruits is on display in individual portions; ask your waiter to get you as many as you like without having to walk around a buffet. Because the cafe is open for the public, food is covered with glass.
The waitress approaches, pushing a trolly in front of her, fresh fruits, water, and sparkling water. She takes the order, proposes the menu offerings and leaves with a smile. I remember good food; excellent waffles, tasty eggs Benedict an,d fresh bread. I was excited to order everything! This year’s food was not as good.
Check out what they have:
- Fatty salmon, -without thick fat stripes that hide between your teeth-, thickly cut, shining like gold and melting like butter under the palate.
- Excellent granola with yogurt: drizzle it with honey and enjoy. Crunchy, rich and balanced with complicate textures tickling your taste buds from side to side.
- Simple eggs Benedict, pure, lightly lemony, watery egg yolk and soft English muffin bathing hollandaise. Why are the poached eggs cold? It needs a little more life if I may say.
- The waffle was deceiving! especially after expecting perfection last year. The waffles were not fresh, chewy and served cold. They are airy and soft but not flaky the way they should be served.
Changes and upgrade:
- The vibes are too dull: where’s the music?
- We are not given a choice of coffee: I ordered an American coffee and received an espresso.
- Food from the kitchen used to be way better.
- Eggs Benedict is not shown on the menu, but they are available.
Nibbling on good bread, cold cuts, soft butter, and excellent salmon...