After the huge success of Burger Bros. in Jbeil, the family affair opened its first shop outside the family hometown. Burgers are what they do in a fresh and funky atmosphere decorated in three colors: red, white and black. Located next to the Kaslik university entrance, Burger Bros. Welcomes you for lunch and dinner al week, all year!
I love the simplicity of the space, concrete, metal and lots of decorative writings. Red, white and black, straight lines, marble and metal design tables facing an open kitchen. You are welcomed by a happy staff, a smile on their face they explained the concept in detail: every burger comes with fries, coleslaw, and the soft drink is free refill.
Look at the kitchen; have you ever seen a kitchen as clear and as clean as this? I’ve rarely done.
On the menu:
- Eight beef burgers
- Seven chicken burgers
- Two stuffed burgers
- Six Sides
- Two sandwiches
- One dessert
Let’s start with the appetizers:
- Mac and cheese balls, five of them -it was written 4 on the menu and I believe there should be six- are excellent! A crunchy envelope and a warm molten heart of cheese and tender macaroni. Beautifully done, this appetizer can make it as one of the main courses in a bigger size.
- Bomber fries: a mountain of fries covered with cheese, chili con carne sauce and two sides, sour cream and guacamole. Two thumbs ups chef, this is an appetizer loaded with flavors: excellent crunchy fries the American way, a great sour cream with a kick of acidity, spicy slices of jalapeños, a juicy chili sauce and the secret spices of the chef. Loved it!
- The childhood sandwich: soft bun sandwich, prime ham slices, Edam cheese, salami, tomatoes, pickles, iceberg, light mayo, Dijon mustard. Two things would have made it perfect. Fill it with coleslaw that will add the missing juiciness, sweetness, and crunch. Change the pickles which are too salty. Warm up the bread to reduce its cold and chewy effect.
It’s burger time: a big wooden board on which is served a portion of coleslaw, cheddar cheese, a load of fries and the burger.
- The gourmet burger: golden bun, prime beef patty, turkey ham and salami slices. Iceberg, lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, mustard, Jack Daniel’s sauce. A simple burger, a fluffy bun and a load of ingredients.
- The stuffed pepperoni: a golden bun, a stuffed beef patty with pepperoni, yellow cheese, light mayo, mustard, ketchup, pickles and iceberg lettuce. Strongly flavorful, it’s not for the faint of heart.
Desserts are a must, the famous dessert: the sweet craves, sugared donut, Nutella, lotus, Oreo, bananas, strawberries, hazelnuts, and cream. Yummy! Imagine that combination, the sugar, the Nutella taste, the fruits and the airiness of the whipped cream. I loved it!
I like it here! This American burger joint with Lebanese inspirations is where you’re having dinner next.