It’s the story of a family, the story of Veronica and her sons. It’s a family affair celebrating happiness on a daily basis and serving great food prepared with a load of love and much passion. Byblos Veronica is the baby of Mazen and Firas, two self-taught chefs born and raised in Jbeil, their natal city. With a new look, a new menu and refreshing colors, Veronica welcomes a new year in style. A blend between a homey restaurant and a Lebanese Diner, I felt good the minute I walked in.
A white ceiling, Lebanese windows decorating the walls, leather sofas, and light colored tables, the restaurant has a new menu printed in red and placemats in green; colors are life!
I fell in love with the menu. The story of Veronica and her sons then comes the menu. A beautifully designed menu with mouth-watering photos that will make your mouth water. Starters from around the world, fresh salads, American sandwiches and beyond, real juicy burgers, five choices of pasta, oval-shaped pizzas, and the main pleasures from across the globe without forgetting desserts and smoothies.
Lunch started with a basket of crunchy roasts served with a dip of white cheese and green peppers. With soft music playing in the background on this beautiful sunny day of February, I sat for dinner.
The plates are mouth-watering! Look and taste;
- Apple Brie salad: a huge salad offering three colors, red, white and green. Fresh roquette leaves. Fresh apples cut into cubes, slices of Brie cheese, fresh strawberries, dried cranberries and crunchy walnuts. The mix dressed in strawberry balsamic sauce. It’s clean, appealing and tasty; a great way to start your meal.
- One colossal portobello mushroom, baked to perfection and loaded with melted cheese and bacon. This is outstanding! The mushroom juiciness and freshness, the quantity of cheese, the fried tomatoes and the bacon cut into small pieces to add more flavors without leaving an unpleasant texture. Bravo chef! This creation is so good that I asked for it in a burger: meet the newborn, a portobello meat-free burger with tomatoes, roquettes and pesto sauce. That’s an “OMG” innovation. Yummy indeed.
- The Chiquita wraps made my heart skip a beat! Four crunchy rolls of toasted tortilla served hot, stuffed with marinated pulled chicken and topped with cold avocado cream.
Superb starters, let’s enjoy lunch:
- Unacceptably tasty, the steak burger is like nothing I’ve had before! Super duper tender steak filet served with crispy bacon and smoked cheese inside a burger bun. The truffle mayo sauce adds the needed finesse and style, turning a good sandwich into a memorable experience. Loved the meat quality that melts under the teeth, soft bun as smooth as silk, creamy sauce caressing all your taste buds. An excellent sandwich, tasty fries with a light crunch served with coleslaw on a stone board.
- When half a pineapple lands on your table, know that enjoyment is on its way! The Asian pineapple shrimp is more of a love story. Half a pineapple filled with yellow steamed rice mixed with sautéed shrimp, fried raisins, fresh pineapple cubes and coriander topped with shredded coconut and served with a light curry sauce on the side. One word: Superb!
- Tequila pasta: tagliatelle Pasta, onions, bell peppers, coriander, tomato sauce, fresh cream and mixed cheese, flamed with tequila and topped with chicken strips. The quality of pasta, the taste of this unique sauce and the tenderness of the chicken breast together create a plate I’ll remember.
Excellent everything, food is great! I was honestly not expecting it at all. I enjoyed the plates, the presentation, the colors, the flavors and the “Love” felt in every bite I had.
The banana tart is much more than words can describe! Hats down chef, you enchanted me.
Byblos Veronica restaurant has been open since 2011 and now back with new flavors making it the must-try of the moment.