CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Chez Sami, a renowned Lebanese Seafood restaurant located on the Maameltein highway has been know to serve premium quality seafood for the last couple of decades or so. Chez Sami is a family business owned and operated by the Rizkallah family.
Seafood is the speciality of the restaurant “Chez Sami”located about 20 km North of Beirut. The place is conveniently situated on the Maameltein coastal road in the heart of the famous bay of Jounieh, just a few minutes away from the “Casino du Liban”. Offering therefore its customers, from its wooden terrace as well as from its indoor dining area, a wide and breathtaking sea view. Sami who had a passionate interest in sailing and was a talented caterer also has a long experience in catering and seafood. As a result, the restaurant became one of the leaders in the market, enjoying an excellent reputation of quality, good taste and hygiene. It is a place, were simplicity and beautiness of a traditional Lebanese house is in harmony with a unique modern atmosphere of refinement were your thoughts and senses can travel far away beyond the limits of the horizon.
That day we tried almost everything:
- Hummus, Kabis, Mdardara, Sardine, Hendbe, Moutabbal, Tabboule, Vine leaves, Fattouch, Shrimps, octopus, raw fish and many others. - Some of the raw fish choices: Red fish, Mallifa, Ghobbos, Mullet and others. - Chez Sami's daily catch: Bream fish, Sea bass, Sea urchin, catfish, butterfish and many others.
A perfect restaurant in everything they serve. Professional digital menu order, a perfect service, a beautiful architecture, a pleasant ambiance and delicious food.
- Some ups and downs in taste that has been the talk of the town lately. Sami can be amazing on days and very normal on others.
- A bad first impression starting with a very strong seafood smell as soon as you enter the restaurant since the fish display is just at the entrance.
My preferred items:
- The grilled prawns
- The raw fish
- The enormous grilled calamari
- The nice dessert choices and their presentations
Please fix the spelling and gramatical mistakes on the website!