I was in Cairo for a short time and only had the chance to have one proper meal. Touring around with our hosts they recommended Chili's on Nike City, a floating restaurant boat on the Nile. Looking exactly like any Chili's I've been to before, I was excited to check out the food.
A two stories restaurant hosts a main bar, an indoor upper dining space with a beautiful view on the water, a terrace and the upper deck with more dining space. The restaurant also hosts a kids area.
A menu inspired by Chili's international, I ordered some of my favorite items. Food was good as well as the service and ambiance. I left happy.
First things first:
- Spinach Queso: Served in a metallic pan, delicious and warm cheese dip mixed with spinach. Served with a big basket of warm and crunchy tostada chips next to the homemade house salsa sauce. That's a really good thing indeed, the minced meat, melting gooey cheese and strong flavor are amazing.
- Triple Dipper: Spicy wings over buffalo wings served with cold blue cheese dressing. Southern egg rolls made of a flour tortilla filled with smoked chicken, black beans, corn, jalapeños jack cheese, red peppers and spinach served with avocado ranch dressing. They have an interesting crunch and a flavorful heart. Boneless buffalo wings. Thick and juicy with a battered envelope.
- Texas Cheese Fries: Tender fries topped with chili, melted cheese, jalapeños and crispy beef bacon. Sharp and neat, juicy and lightly spicy with an enjoyable chili taste.
And now the main deal:
- Santé Fe Chicken salad: Grilled Chile-rubbed chicken with spicy Santé Fe saice, house made pico de gallo, fresh diced avocado, chopped cilantro, crispy tortilla strips with Josie made ranch dressing. Juicy chicken with a grilling taste, a light crunch from the nachos, sweetness and freshness from the tomatoes with crisp lettuce. A good salad.
- Mushroom Swiss burger: Fresh sautéed mushrooms, Swiss cheese and mayo. A thick and big burger filled with big chunks of mushroom, a sheet of cheese and mayo. A bit dry for a mushroom burger but one can't deny that the bread is tender and fresh and the meat juicy. I'll add more sauce.
- Buffalo Chicken Ranch sandwich: Crispy chicken with spicy wing sauce, tomato, lettuce and ranch dressing. That's a good one not too spicy though, a crunchy envelop, tender bread, well cooked fries and two slices of thick tomatoes that add freshness and sweetness.
- Fajita Trio: Tender grilled steak, chicken and spicy garlic and lime grilled shrimp. Served with grilled vegetables. Good quality of ingredients. Tender meat, tender shrimp, juicy chicken and the load of grilled veggies. The dough on the other hand is a complete failure, thick like a French baguette. I'll urgently work on that part.
Never leave without having the bomb:
- Dessert, Chili's world famous big hit is never to be missed. Warm chocolate cake with chocolate fudge filling topped with vanilla ice cream under a crunchy chocolate shell. It is indeed amazing! A firm envelope of spongy chocolate cake filled with a flowing river of chocolate fudge with a dark flavor... Bite into a blend of hot and cold combination of enjoyment. Very well done!
It's good! I liked Chili's Cairo.