CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Em Georges: Food from Home, Delivered to the Office (Restaurant Closed)
The door rang and a man with a smile on his face, carrying a big black bag walked in. In a professional outfit and with a polite attitude his positive vibes were immediately felt.
Today I am trying Em George's food for that first time. Homemade food made with so much love felt in every package, every bag and every box.
I grabbed the phone and ordered food! Yes, believe it, other than the "plat du jour" many restaurants propose, Em Georges offers homey Lebanese specialities freshly cooked all day. Now you can order Kebbeh, Sheikh el Me7chi, Riz 3a Djeij, Lasagna and Tabbouleh among others.
One hour later nine bags arrived at the office. Nice looking bags made of recycled paper closed with colorful stickers. Plastic boxes, a dozen bags of cutlery, two hand-gels, three bags of bread and Coca-Cola bottles. Professional presentation where every detail is well thought of.
- Phone call: good!
- Delivery: good!
- Boxes and presentation: good!
- Value for money: great!
A big smile was drawn on my face the minute I opened the first box. I remembered my teta and her old house enchanted with the smell of home made cooking. I was reminded of the days we used to gather on her generously adorned table every Sunday. I was sure that the flavor of my order would be just as good...
- Lasagna: it's so finger licking good! A huge portion of Lasagna at LBP11,750 only. A plate for two or more, made of several layers of pasta gently laid one on top of the other with minced meat, crème fraîche and tomato sauce. I loved the melted and hardened cheese on top, the moisture and tenderness of the ingredients, the spices used and its flavor. It leaves long lasting after flavors in the mouth making you want to devour it all.
- Kebbeh: delicious homemade Kebbeh... thick meat, two layers of it stuffed with minced meat mixed with onions. I'm not a fan of onions but I could eat them and feel their added value. It's a big portion generously decorated with pine nuts, a light feeling of oil and good quality tasty meat. I would have preferred it cooked a bit more and crunchier, but it was enjoyable enough.
- Hummus with lamb meat: a light creamy hummus and a load of meat cut into cubes and cooked in their fat. Good hummus, best enjoyed with the Kebbeh.
- Ouzi: Oh My God! A dream come true, a plate I wait for every time I'm invited to a wedding. Delicious rice, beautiful spices, crunchy almonds and pine nuts, with more rice stuffed in the bread pocket. It's about the love and passion conjured in every bite...the quality of meat, the generous load of almonds and pine nuts and that sauce... Yes, the sauce, the superb sauce; flavors of my childhood. Two thumbs up for this plate and the "Rizk 3a Djeij".
- The rice and chicken with minced meat is outstanding. I just want to express my admiration for such homey food delivered to the office with the love. Rice cooked al dente - a la libanaise - with the right amount of spice. There is probably a hundred grams of fried almonds or even more, pine nuts - an expensive add-on to meals - tender chicken chunks and love, lots of it!
- "Sheikh el Me7chi", eggplant stuffed with minced meat and onions and served with rice on the side. I loved the flavors and mix of ingredients but I'd change the quantity of ingredients. Too many onions in the eggplant, unnecessary parsley mixed into the rice and the rice, even though tasty and well done, needs more butter or oil.
- Quinoa tabbouleh: the best I've ever had. Close your eyes and you won't know if there is quinoa inside it, it's balanced and full of taste. The quinoa is juicy and soft, the ingredients are cut very small and the sauce is really good!
I'm impressed, deeply impressed, impressed by the quality and the service, by the colors and the taste, by the packaging and thoughtful additions sent with every order. For all of the above I only paid LBP100,000. Worth every penny.
I fully recommend this place. Em Georges is where I'll be ordering lunch at work and dinner when I have friends over... A great idea when you're not in the mood to work.