CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Breakfast at Swissotel, Dresden - A New Experience Everyday
Swissotel Am Schloss: Swiss Perfection in Dresden
From the minute I walked into Swissotel Dresden, and everything was perfect. The soothing bright décor, the professional receptionists and the outstanding rooms are among some of the things I loved about this hotel; and to be honest add to all that the high standards of food served here… Great experience.
The night we arrived, we had dinner at the hotel's restaurant. The details around the restaurant make the space feel space feel relaxing: High ceiling, dimmed lights, a golden light wood ambiance, green sofas, white wooden chairs and round lanterns pending from the ceiling; but the best part of this restaurant is the beautiful part library wall where hundreds of books lay peacefully.
Let me tell you about the menu. It is simple yet jam-packed with so many little details few restaurants have.
- Gluten free
Number 1 to 15, each line explains a detail of the menu
- Our menu
- Risotto and pasta
- Fondues for two persons
- Main dishes
- Vitality offer
First impression while reading the menu:
- A warm welcome note: Up to date, Honest and Creative
- You can't but notice the profesionalism and the dedication put to create the menu
- Countries of origin are mentioned next to every plate
- Beautiful menu printed on fine paper. It looks simple and classy
- Vitality section, with amount of calories and nutrients in each
- The thin glasses
- The ambiance of this restaurant
- The god service
- The beautifully looking plates
Clever and characteristic design provides a relaxed and atmospheric environment. Esszimmer restaurant invites you to enjoy contemporary Swiss cuisine with added Saxon components. The use of local, seasonal, fresh products makes Esszimmer a place of pure enjoyment. In summer, the inner courtyard invites you to take pleasure in outdoor dining. The Restaurant treats its guests to contemporary Swiss cuisine with added innovative Saxon components. The use of local, seasonal and fresh products makes the restaurant a place of pure enjoyment.
- We were offered an amuse bouche, a bite of Veal laying on a bed of bitter cabbage marinated in lemon sauce. A great first impression
- Steak Tartare from Simmentaler beef on honey mirror with butter and toast: A unique of a kind tartare, well spiced and having an interesting sweetness like a ketchup sweetness, nice textures ans some creamto decorate the top. Toasted bread on the side. Loved the joint between the sweet cold tartare, the light cream and the hot well cooked potatoes.
- I've ordered a portion of French fries which come in a copper casserole of potato wedges.
- Sauteed sea bass and prawn, black salsify and beetroot risotto: On a square plate, I received a portion of fish with one single prawn on a bed of black oyster plant looking like palmito with two postions of beetroot risotto on the side. A strong aromatic lemon zest takes over while I started tasting. Perfectly cooked it is, a sweet risotto, crunchy salsify but a mix that's way too oily... unpleasant to feel sliding under the teeth. Great ingredients but the oil spoiled the experience. The shrimp itself, is the best of this dish with its crunchiness and flavor. The overall dish lacks pepper.
- Coq au vin, Risotto, Salmon... My friends had different plates of the menu and enjoyed them. The plates are very well decorated and include fine products from the terroir.
A good experience I hope to have the chance to repeat one day.