I can just hear you saying: "He went to Lisbon to eat at Hard Rock Cafe!?"
Yes I did actually: Hard Rock Cafe Lisbon was following me wherever I went. It popped up everywhere; while doing some online research... I came across it on the airline magazine and as soon as I landed at the airport. Considering that HRC closed in Lebanon and I personally love this place, I decided to go back down memory lane.
Lisbon, the dazzling city that stretches along the banks of the river Tagus before it meets the Atlantic Ocean, is the capital of Portugal since 1255. The charm of the Portuguese capital resides in its strong links to the past - restored palaces, majestic churches and an imposing hilltop castle reflect the city's rich cultural heritage.
Hard Rock Cafe Lisbon, located downtown at Av. da Liberdade just off "Praca dos Restauradores
", completes the ultimate Discovery of our Modern Times and launches you into an atmosphere of electrifying and priceless rock n' roll memorabilia. Offering trendy merchandise, thirst quenching drinks and great food all enjoyed in an atmosphere of high energy music and completed by Hard Rock Cafe's famous service, the Hard Rock Cafe Lisbon is the place to be!
Lisbon's Hard Rock Cafe is impressive two floors restaurant with a very high ceiling and open atrium pumping with life. Music, lights, action and mouthwatering smells take over as soon as you open the door. We were welcomed in and given a buzzer while our table was being prepared. Touring around, I took the time to discover this place inside out.
Architectural details, Hard Rock at its finest:
We were handed the menus:
- You are welcomed by your host standing behind the reception table
- To the left is the Hard Rock shop selling original HRC merchandise
- Look up front and be amazed by the high ceiling and the old American car pending from above
- To the left is the long bar, it's pending lights and high stools
- To the right, a long and large wall, covered with posters, portraits, clothes and guitars of famous singers
- We were guided to the first floor where the dining space is located
- Tables for two take along the ramp looking down on the main area, while to the right are the benches that can seat four each
- The walls are beautifully covered with merchandise, Hard Rock has been known for
- Individually lit tables in an overall dimmed atmosphere
- Get your fruits on
- Hard core
- Margarita madness
- Comfortably rum
- Luscious lemonade and sassy sours
- Mojitto mojo
- Alternative rock, alcohol free
- Twisted shakes
- Smokehouse and smokehouse sandwiches
- Hot beverages
- Soft drinks
- Jumbo Combo 18,95€: A collection of the most popular appetizers: signature wings, onion rings, tupelo chicken tenders, spinach artichoke dip with Parmesan flat bread and bruschetta. Served with honey mustard, hickory barbecue and blue cheese dressing.
- Nachopalooza 12,95€: Tortilla chips piled high and layered with three bean mix, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses, pico de gallo, jalapeños and green onions, garnished with sour cream.
- The Texan 13,95€: Choice of hickory smoked pulled pork or chicken with chipotle barbecue sauce, cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, crispy fried jalapeños and onions, piled high on toasted brioche
We were served by Alex who s, a professional waiter like all the staff at Hard Rock Cafe Lisbon, speaking perfect English and smiling continuously like they were breathing happiness.
The food was excellent: I exceptionally loved the the Texan burger that was juicy and so full of taste. Every bite put a smile on my face. Soft bun, filled with pasta like shredded meat and some barbecue sauce that added a hint of enjoyable sweetness... Delicious... and as you finish, a burst of spice keeps a gentle aftertaste along your taste buds.
The nachos are so crunchy and so fresh, covered with jalapeños, beans and tomatoes cut in cubes. As I ordered the sampler, everything was just as perfect as it should be: Crispy, crunchy, non oily and tasty. The spinach sauce was the best part, best enjoyed with toasted bread that comes with it.
The only thing I would improve were the onion rings that were a bit too raw. They need to be fried more frying.
Listening to some good music, we spent a pleasant evening, enjoying the positive vibes this place offers. The food was good, the ambiance was great, the waiters were perfect and the portions were enormous. I do recommend it. I was so happy to have had dinner here tonight. I miss the one in Beirut.