Everybody has noticed this new shop on the corner of Sodeco and maybe after this review, you might make sure to stop there for a boost. JuiceUp offers a large selection of juices, smoothies and signature drinks as well as crepes, croissants and sandwiches. All the drinks are freshly brewed and the food is provided by La Mie Doree, one of the best in the sector.
Before we start, you have to know that JuiceUp uses fresh fruits and vegetables. No sugar, no water, no additives. Come here for the freshness of the juices and the intensity of their flavor.
Located on the corner of a busy street in Achrafieh, the shop really invites you to stop by. A wooden bar surrounds the place where white tiles cover the walls and fruits decorate all the corners. Large metallic bins filled with fruits open up your appetite. Choose between one of the fresh juices or any of the smoothies, each win a different touch.
Choose a size: Bottle (300ml), cup (500ml) or gallon (1,500ml), each is sold for an occasion.
Today's tasting included:
- Muscle Builder: Apple, spinach, pineapple, avocado, the most important thing is that you don't feel the spinach but enjoy an acidic flavor, the body of the avocado and the sweetness of the pineapple. Apples appear subtlety as an end note.
- Up In the Sky: Pineapple, blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, strawberry. An intense drink, very acidic with an interesting texture of crushed seeds. Pineapple takes over.
- Tropical Crush: Pineapple, mango, orange, lime, strawberry. Smooth, fruity, sweet... That's my favorite of the three. Loved the texture, the strength, the body and the mango's sweetness. As for the lime, it's what makes it unique, adding the endnote that leaves a last aftertaste to make you want to order it again.
- I loved the cleanliness and the freshness as well as the professionalism of the staff.
- The machines are washed after every round of drinks.
- The drinks taste so good and are very well balanced
Unfortunately the staff should remember that "WhatsApping", smoking and playing with the phone are not allowed while they're on duty.
Really, I loved JuiceUp so much that I will surely be coming back for some juice on a regular basis. I might try their juice cleansing program soon.