Some of the items on display today:
- Eclair au cafe fort 5,70 euros
- Eclair au chocolat 5,70 euros
- Paris brest 5,70 euros
- St Honore 6,90 euros
- Tarte douce a l'orange 5,40 euros
- Tarte au citron 5 euros
- Tarte tatin 5,40 euros
- Tarte au poir 5,80 euros
- Boîte botches enfants 7,80 euros
- Mille feuille 5,70 euros
- Lemonta au chocolat 5,60 euros
- Tiramisu 5,30 euros
- Gran cru 5,70 euros
- Gran cru vanille 5,70 euros
The innovation, the display and packaging details experienced at La Patisserie des Reves are outstanding. You would expect to pay a hefty amount when you walk in, but the truth is far from it. An average of 5,5euros a cake is exactly the same as the competition. But the service and presentation is way ahead of the competition. Every piece of cake is sturdily placed on a soft layer of foam inside each carton then inserted into the box that's drawer style concept. Expect to see something truly dainty and beautiful. After all, the culinary experience starts with the fulfillment of the eyes that need to see the piece with it utmost perfection. The napkins are also unique. Square and silk soft these napkins are small pieces of luxury. Everything is carefully packed in a bag and served with wooden forks/spoons. All these details must have cost them a lot.
- Chocolate Eclair: A tasty premium eclair filled with rich chocolate cream and embraced with a thin chocolate wrapping. Every bite combines the crunchiness of the chocolate, the sponginess of the dough and the letting of the inner filling. Yum! This place deserves its dream name
- The Coffee Eclair: This is one is my second favorites. A pastry dough covered with crumble, filled with strong coffee pastry cream (MOKA SIDAMO CLAIRE) and wrapped with a chocolate paper. The coffee and chocolate contrast is exquisite
- The Saint Honore, which is hard to eat with its sharp caramel layer, whipped cream and Pâte feuilletée (inversée) caramélisée, Pâte à choux et choux caramélisés garnis de crème pâtissière à la vanilla with Crème légère is good but not great as I hoped it to be
- The Lemonta cake: A new creation for me that's filled with wonders like a ball of surprises. The crisp meringue with chocolate blends divinely with butter cream and vanilla. Bite into it to reveal the two meringues hidden inside this cream battered in chocolate flakes.
- The Kids Box is a variety of many mini size cakes. They are all fresh and crunchy. I enjoyed them to the max
- The viennoiseries and cookies: Majestic
Today was a new discovery, a new culinary adventure that left me amazed. One person dared to improve the era of pastry by creating a dream house that sells interesting and innovative creations that don't only look good, but taste amazingly good at the same time. A must try next time you happen to be in Paris.