CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Breakfast at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol
Amathus Beach Resort, Limassol: Where Professionalism Awaits
An Enjoyable Culinary Experience at Amathus Hotel Limassol
Considered to be one of Limassol's best restaurants, Limanaki is the seafood and fish experience at Amathus beach hotel. Spending the week by the Cypriot shores it was a must to try Limanaki. Located on the seafront, an outdoor terrace with fresh sea air and sunset views welcomes you as of 7pm to enjoy a sumptuous dinner served to you by very professional staff.
The Limanaki Fish restaurant first came into its own in 1979 and quickly established itself as Limassol’s best fish restaurant right on the beach. The tranquil ambiance and exciting decor embraces guests in a convivial and lively setting while the unique location on the beach with breath-taking views to the scintillating Mediterranean is unique in Cyprus and perhaps the region. This spectacular summer time restaurant, open for dinner serves exceptional fresh fish delicacies that are guaranteed to please.
The staff at Limanaki deserve an award. Their professionalism, attention to detail, class, smoothness... everything is carried out in such a careful way so as to make your experience memorable.
A perfect setup, a clean fish display, a full set of cutlery, candles to add some romance to the tables, fine wine glasses and an open kitchen. A restaurant set under boat-like shadings on a floor made of wood, we sat and enjoyed every single second of this memorable dinner.
Dinner began with the chef's complementary appetizer, a cream of green olives and another of black olives with a basket of freshly baked bread. Soft and warm bread that's not chewy and not heavy, pretzels with sesame, local bread and round brioche-style bread. Bread up to the standard of international bakeries; that warms you up for what's coming next. The olive tapenade has a certain acidity to it making it one of the best I've ever had; its simplicity is what I loved!
From the menu:
- Seafood specialities main courses
- Fresh fish
- Three tasting menus
Professionalism is key:
- They help you sit by deftly pushing the chair under you.
- Another table was brought especially to ensure room for our dishes.
- The wine is poured with class.
- The staff smile at all times.
- If you ask about the toilets, you are accompanied to them.
Dinner is served:
- The simplest of calamari salads and it is just great! A sweet chili dressing, fresh greens and tasty fried calamari cut in small pieces. Parmesan adds a touch of finesse to it.
- Tuna tartar, as fresh as it looks, as fresh as it should be with a hint of spiciness and some enjoyment to every bite you take. Lime juice, fennel, celery and crispy esmalliyeh on the side.
- Thinly sliced octopus carpaccio bathing in olive oil and served with a white cream cheese. It's so good and again so simple. The simplicity of these dishes maintains their delicious and addictive flavors.
- For me a fried crab cake is usually oily and kind of tasteless but this one is so different. Enjoyably crunchy on the outside, moist and tender on the inside, the crab cake makes your mouth water. A must order! They are served with mango which adds some sweetness.
Simply superb, the scallop risotto and the seafood spaghetti are really to die for and probably better than many I've had at origin in Italy. Handmade fresh spaghetti cooked al dente in an orange sauce with a load of fresh shrimp. So yummy, so fresh, so tasty, so enjoyable... a balance between white and red, creamy and sweet, smooth and acidic... the spaghetti made my evening! The risotto is beautifully cooked with much passion which you feel in every bite. The scallops are grilled to perfection - juicy and tender with a grilled flavor keeping an enjoyable after note in the mouth.
Dessert came last, a warm orange cake which is good enough but not up to the fine dining standard of Limanaki.
Staying at the hotel or simply visiting the city, Limanaki is a restaurant you must try.