CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Love at First Bite: Zizo's Special Homemade Pizzas
Micelli's: The Homemade Pizza Place
Micelli's: The Delivery Pizza!
The homemade pizza place or more of the family affair, Micelli’s is the story of a family who decided one day to open a restaurant. Micelli’s is where food feels like home, starters, pizzas, and desserts like mum Zizo prepares them. Tonight I'm craving a good pizza and back to Micelli’s after two long years! I’m excited to taste what this place has become.
Located on Jal el Dib’s internal road, Micelli’s occupies a small place in Mallah Center next to Ginger&Co. A fun place where you can have a drink while enjoying your pizza. Micelli’s has been known to have special pizzas named differently like the “Porkoi pa”, “The Odd One”, “A Pizza has no name”, “Monsieur Croq”, “Sal’s Catch” among others.
Appetizers to start:
- Imagine a date, stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped with a sheet of bacon. A very tender date, the blue cheese that gives it the interesting kick, and the bacon, toasted to perfection without being chewy.
- Herb crusteez, thin bread topped with rosemary and a sprinkle of sea salt with a drizzle of olive oil. It’s a focaccia a-la-Libanaise, a crunch and a thick chewiness, a great way to start your meal but I’ll serve it with a marinara dip sauce.
- The OddOne: tomato sauce, mozzarella, cheddar, Brie, cinnamon infused applesauce chunks, basil, oregano.
- The FabFour: tomato sauce, mango chutney, mozzarella, Swiss cheese, Romano and blue cheese, fresh mushrooms, basil, oregano.
- The one with caramelized onions: caramelized onions sauce, fresh mushrooms, mozzarella, green pepper, basil, and oregano.
The pizzas: it’s not thick, it’s not thin, it’s not chewy and it’s not crispy. It’s something in between, a homemade creation loaded with love. A thin tender crust with a white color, holds a load of melted cheese and sauce without turning it into a soggy wrap. Very generously covered, the pizza is indeed memorable. The borders are enjoyably crunchy. Every pizza is unique offering a touch of sweetness, a hint of acidity, no oiliness and a very good quality of cheese.
Best for last! The Nutella Pizza and the Nutella krusteez are both exceptional! Why order one when you can have both pleasures... That fluffy dough is outstanding and the Nutella spread on it makes it even more unique. I’d love to try it next time with mozzarella.
An excellent pizza is served here different from all other pizza places in town. Micelli’s is still the one I discovered three years ago.