After being so disappointed last week while trying some of our country’s, supposedly, best Galette des Rois, I insisted on reviving the faith back. I was contacted by Ladurée inquiring why they were not included within the list of places I tried during my quest for finding the best out there. To me, that’s a sign of full self-confidence. I thought why not… I should give it a try. It is never too late.
I can tell you for starters that after trying their galette I was happy. It is exactly what I was looking for. It put a smile on my face. I wanted to devour the whole thing, it was so good.
- The box: It’s clean and clear with a touch of class.
- The crown: It is very different from all the others. It’s a classy one with the Ladurée’s logo.
- The galette: It’s intensely mouthwatering!
- The price: LBP55,000 and its worth it.
Now the taste:
- This galette is a large 30-centimeter piece of eye candy. Round in shape and golden in color, you feel the sun shining on you as you open the box. And no, I am not exaggerating.
- It is decorated with lines coming all the way from the middle and branded with a nice carton logo. Cutting through it makes you anticipate the next step. Crunchy, flaky, light, crispy... I was smiling alone.
- The cake is a WTF! It’s rich in flavor, buttery, flaky like you can't imagine, lightly toasted from top, embracing the tender light beige color creamy almond mix. It is so finger lickin’ good. No chewing required, just press your tongue over your palate and feel the love. Juicy borders explode in flavor, a light and sweet heart, amazing textures... Bravo!
This is my favorite Galette des Rois to date. Make sure to add it to your list next year.