CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Outdoor Cafe, Antelias, Lebanon (Restaurant Closed)
A while ago I wrote about my experience at the Outdoor Cafe in Antelias. I enjoyed a variety of good food on their main floor. The Outdoor clearly is different than other outlets in Antelias - good ambiance and the variety of food choices that caters to cater to the needs of everyone.
The best part comes now - a Summer Terrace, the Roof as they call it is now open to welcome a different clientele. The Roof comes with a different menu, a different ambiance and a different clientele. Even the decor and the music are different. It's like a completely different other restaurant. The Roof is the high end summer version of the Outdoor cafe serving starters, salads, BBQ, formulas, desserts, drinks and a salad bar that carries a variety of choices.
The formulas is a special part of the menu divided into: Light Formula (grilled tapas mix, open salad bar, deserts); Flaming Formula (salad bar, 250 grilled meat, desserts), and the Formula with Love for two persons (fried sea food combo, 500 grilled meat, desserts).
Like on the Outdoor menu where the manger left his welcoming note, at the Roof's the menu is prepared meticulously and signed with this professional intro:
"Again and again, at the outset, we ask God to guide and help our steps to what pleases him on all things. We promise to stress on: - Quality - Freshness - Fair pricing - Stuff training - Employees Welfare - Fair profits, and at the same time, a rewarding place to work for employees. And the promise is maintained. " Roof Le lounge" is different not because onus but because of you. Because you are tire of being disappointed and tired of getting the same unsatisfactory services day after day. Because you are tired of hearing promises made and not kept. We may not look the same and we may not have come from the same place, but we, at "Roof Le lounge outdoor restaurant family" hold common hopes; and we believe that if we perfect our union and stop focusing on who's and who's down and start focusing on what matters..." Nothing is impossible.
The things I loved:
- A very tasty tender and juicy meat served in the grilled tapas.
- A yummy salmon with a grilled charcoal taste served in the mixed grill platter.
- The fresh salad bar.
- The concept of choosing your desserts from the fridge with a wide selection of choices.
- The waiters happiness and professionalism.
- The welcoming hostesses.
- The cozy blue lighting.
- The way they explain on the menu how you want your meat done.
- Toilets are equipped with air-conditioning system.
The minor things I would change:
- Make the tables higher or the chairs lower because sitting on the couches is not pleasant for eating.
- Using the word "Meat" in the formulas menu is very cheap for what they consider a high-end restaurant. Changing it into "Prime Beef, Angus, Tenderloin or any professional appellation would be better and appealing.
- The music is a bit too high for calm discussions.
The best I can remember are the desserts: perfectly crafted, beautifully decorated for a delicious taste specially the dark chocolate light ice-cream. For a pleasant night and a decent dinner with or without a Shisha, the Outdoor cafe Roof is the best in the Antelias region at an affordable price.