CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Yo Sushi: Lunch on the Conveyor at Paris Airport
Paris Charles de Gaulle, Terminal 2E, Hall K, Business Lounge
French Gastronomy Has a New Address at Paris-Charles de Gaulle
Not Recommended: The Icare Lounge, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Terminal 1
Les Caves Particulières: A Treat for Your Senses at Charles De Gaulle Airport
Charles De Gaulle Airport, Paris: Terminal E, Hall K
La Maison Du Chocolat: Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Paris Charles de Gaulle, Terminal 2E, Hall L, Business Lounge
CDG Airport: Shower After a Long Flight
CDG: Air France Business Lounge Terminal 2C
I Love this Place: Charles de Gaulle Airport, Terminal E, Lounge M
Air France: Lounge M, Will Leave You Impressed
The Redesigned, Fresh Looking, Business Lounge; CDG Terminal E Hall L
Opening of the 1st Louis Vuitton store in Paris-Charles de Gaulle!
Time does travel... Three years, three long years have passed and I thought it was yesterday that I last wrote about this business lounge connecting Air France flights with the world.
After security check take a right or left, both take you up a level to the lounge, Air France's Lounge L, which covers a large space over the airport with a view on the tarmac. Two long corridors covered with wood panels lead to a long desk where half a dozen professional hostesses welcome you in.
Left or right, choose your preferred seating on both sides, they're almost identical. The shower rooms, on the other hand, are on the right side. Access a large seating area like a restaurant filled with round tables facing a bar and preparation area. You'll find a fridge, a coffee machine and a selection of alcoholic beverages.
Behind the walls of the restaurant are the seating corners divided into spaces of two or four with individual seating and family seating separated by wood or glass panels. The main colors used are burgundy, light brown, dark wood and beige.
The lounge is as good as the main hall. Upon arrival to the lounge, located at the heart of the boarding satellite, you are welcomed by Air France staff who will present you with the different services available.
In a welcoming, relaxed setting, a range of new services are proposed:
- Enjoy a beverage and hot or cold snack, varied and adapted to the time of the day.
- Choose from different wines from the French terroir or have a glass of champagne to change your mood.
- Stay connected using HP computers with free internet access, faxes and printers.
- More than 20 iPads are distributed around the lounge for a full Apple experience.
- Relax in comfortable chairs with adapted lighting.
- A Clarins Spa is waiting to ease your pains and is open at specific times during the day.
- Shower before a long flight
- Take a nap between flights on the relaxing long leather beds.
I liked it...Its calm and the lighting is soothing...
- All the walls are covered with paintings of the Air France plane tail.
- The seating areas are all covered with a smooth burgundy carpet.
- A sofa, chair, bar or desk are available to make your stay comfortable.
- This lounge is huge, yet very intimate with different sections giving the feeling of privacy to all passengers.
- A variety of beverages are offered.
- I never saw such a wide choice of newspapers and magazines.
- The staff is smiley, welcoming and professional
You can choose one of the different areas:
- Two restaurant areas with round tables and chairs.
- Many individual relaxing areas with leather sofas.
- Four bars with drinks, great for mingling.
- Working desks.
- Flat screen computers.
- The iPad bars.
This lounge misses something:
- The food choices are basic and rudimentary. A hot dish should be offered.
- A hot dish should be served, not only snacks and sandwiches considering that this lounge is visited by guests from all around the world waiting for long periods at a time.
- I was expecting to see a dedicated area with TV screens. There are only large screens displaying news with no sound
The food choices:
- Fauchon tea
- Lays chips
- Scrocchi cheese crackers
- Mini Coke cans
- Biscuit bags from La Mere Poulard
- Chocolate cookies
- Jacobs Cream Crackers
- Georges Laporte Patissier, Mini Cakes a la pomme
- Yogurt and fruit salad
- A choice of many alcoholic drinks (Campari, martini, vodka, whiskies...)
- More than six coffee machines
- President butter
- Farmhouse loaf and nuts cake
- Chicken sandwiches
- Turkey ham slices
- Cheddar cheese slices
Next time you're passing by Paris, you now know what to expect.