Muscat International Airport, also called Seeb International Airport is the largest airport in Oman and the main hub of the national carrier Oman Air. Situated 32 km from Muscat, the capital of Oman, the airport currently has one terminal with another due to be completed in 2014. The new terminal will have capacity of 12 million passengers a year.
- Total 17 Departure Gates
- Gates 1-9 located on the Ground Floor
- Gates 16–23 located on the First Floor, located west of the WH Smith Bookstore
- Information Counter
- Kids play area
- Smoking Room – First Floor
- Nursery Room – First Floor
- Prayer Room for Male and Female – First Floor
- Public Seating Area
- Public Telephones
- Muscat Pharmacy
- Amouage (premium brand perfume)
- Bijoux Terner (elegant and luxurious accessories for woman)
- WH Smith: One of the most popular leisure shops having a wealth of information on Oman in its outlets to cater to the curious. The bookshop offers a wide range of books, Omani traditional products, the world famous frankincense and toys. Location: East Entrance of the terminal building, departures. Arrivals, Public Meeting Area. Departures hall airside, first floor.
Arrivals Food & Beverage Outlets:
- Coffee & More
- curry kitchen
- Costa Coffee
Departures Food & Beverage Outlets:
- Idli.com serves Southern Indian food such as idlis, dosas and uttapams along with flavourful accompaniments such as sambar, chutney and podi.
- Curry Kitchen offers the finest Indian fusion cuisine designed to appeal to Indian food lovers. It offers a wide range of local food from North India created keeping in mind vegetarian and non-vegetarian palettes.
- Automatic Restaurant is part of a chain of restaurants which specialize in traditional and modern Lebanese cuisine in the Gulf region. The restaurant offers a wide variety of Lebanese food.
- The Irish house is a Bar & Restaurant combination offering a choice of continental food and alcohol beverages, the outlet has a seating capacity of 85 seats.
- DQ Grill & Chill is an international restaurant offering famous DQ treats such as burgers and French fries or other dishes.
- Subway is an international restaurant for people seeking quick bites, subway serves fresh, nutritious, made-to-order sandwiches.
- Costa Coffee is part of an international franchise offering great range of authentic coffee drinks and snacks.
- Coffee & More offers a customer friendly and relaxed environment to enjoy a coffee, hot & cold beverages, a quick bit, sandwiches, Puffs and Muffins.
A small airport with a low ceiling is not my favourite. I spent my two hours waiting time in the lounge. Old and tight, we are promised another state of the art terminal next year. Let's wait and see.