CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Still one of the best Salmon restaurants in town. With my quest to try all the places on Zaitunay Bay, and after Cozmo, Cappuccino and Karam, I can fairly say that Salmontini is one of the best on the Bay: Professional, tasty, relaxed, clean and most importantly welcoming.
Opened in 2000, Salmontini is the brainchild of restaurateur Joe Bassili and entrepreneur Hussni Ajlani. They blended their vision and business together to bring forth a unique fare dedicated to salmon aficionados. Their efforts paid off, and the restaurant has been amassing rave reviews since, and building up devotees. Ten years later they are still passionate about their restaurant, following day to day operations in all Salmontini branches (Zaitunay bay, Achrafieh Beirut, Dubai and Abu Dhabi). Dedicated to giving their guests a truly fine dining experience, Salmontini has earned the reputation for offering the finest Scottish Smoked Salmon shipped every weak from Scotland and manually processed in their local Smokehouse in the mountains of Lebanon.
Salmontini has always been one of my favorite restaurants, a place I always look forward to go to. So, as soon as they opened a new location I wanted to give it a try. As usual, the decor is simple, warm and trendy created by famous interior architect Gregory Garzarelli. The waiters are very professional, and more importantly they are happy while doing their job providing customers a pleasant, quick and efficient service.
- The traditional Semi-Royal Salmon that was exquisite! It is a combination of all kinds of smoked salmon presented in small tartare pieces, large Balik cut slices and thin traditional slices accompanied by some pickled ginger, wasabi and soya sauce.
- The Salmon in Nori Leaf served with mashed potato wasabi puree. It is simply a large piece of oven cooked salmon rolled in a nori leaf: light and healthy.
- Creamy Salmon Tagliatelle is delicious as it always has been.
A great dinner ended by their mouthwatering Pistachio Macaroon served with red fruits.
Small details make the difference:
- Very nice looking plates
- Glass water bottles from Aqua Panna
- Adequate lighting
- Air-Conditioning system on the balcony