CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Shawarma w Saj: Now in Hamra
Shawarma at Shawarma w Saj has more than one meaning. This Lebanese diner on Jeanne D'Arc street in Beirut is a place I have been too and enjoyed. I am here again to enjoy their sandwiches while listening to the soothing tunes of Fayruz.
A selection of shawarma sandwiches and innovations are offered - the variety includes simple wraps and more complicated ones like the Burrito, the Burger, the Fajita and the Pita... all shawarma.
It was a full on lunch... I was hungry!
- Shawarma cheese rolls: cheese rolls mixed with tender and marinated slices of meat. I loved the mix of flavors, the spices, the cheese and final crunch.
- Shawarma burrito! Yum... I loved this creation. The way the bread is baked to give a crunchy envelope with a soft heart, the tenderness of the meat, the strong tarator, the cheddar cheese and the fresh vegetables. I liked it a lot.
- Hummus... This is not only hummus but one with shawarma. Every bite is a mix of both. They do pair together great! Here I could discover the real Shawarma flavor. Tender, smooth, soft, not chewy and full of flavor.
- Kebbet Shawarma: Kebbeh, really good Kebbeh, not your conventional minced meat Kebbeh but filled with shawarma, tomatoes and parsley. Dip them in some tarator and enjoy.
I was feeling full but I couldn't stop...
- Try "The Pocket", which they call "Pita bread" shawarma, a bag-like pocket of bread loaded with meat, yes loaded to fill you up and satisfy. Enjoyable bread, same tender meat... guaranteed pleasure.
Next time you’re in Hamra, pass by Shawarma w Saj, have lunch and enjoy a chocolate biscuit for dessert.