With many years of experience, SUD spreads its wings across Lebanon. SUD at the Gardens is an amazing place to try. You know what a fan I am of SUD and the new location is no different in taste, flavor and vibes. I will get straight to the point and talk about the food experience.
Now open in Dbayeh, the Gardens host SUD, La Petite Table and Heights, all for the same owner.
Loved the place, its lighting, the beautiful photos decorating its walls, the high ceiling and the fresh vibes haunting its different areas.
We ordered a few entrees…
- A long plate, six toasts, bottarga and herring eggs on a bed of fresh greens and sliced radishes mixed with lemon and olive oil. Crunchy toast, a hard border and fine quality bottarga with a salty after note.
- A wooden board, a metal pan and a bowl of lettuce served with sliced toasted bread. Pan cooked aged goat cheese with honey and blackberries mixed together and ready to be spread on your toast. Served warm, the mix of cheese, acidity and sweetness is enjoyable and very interesting.
- Sea bream Carpaccio cut in thick slices served with melon and lime. Pepper gives it a boost, melon a light sweetness, pink pepper a crunch, lime a certain finesse; loved it!
We then ordered the main dishes:
- Paella Facon risotto: It’s a risotto the paella style. Yellow rice cooked al dente, grilled calamari, charcoal grilled shrimp, three mussels, chorizo, half sliced cherry tomatoes and stylish thin slices of zucchini. There’s more sauce in the Paella than expected and the rice is less cooked making it a risotto.
- Now for the Grouper, a funky plate, more of a ritual, the fish baked in a crust of salt served with diced zucchini and herbs in olive oil sauce. Juicy and tender, a unique kind of fish you don't usually except to have at a French bistro.
Now for dessert:
- The Vertical Mille Feuille: Two layers of puff pastry with cream in the middle, served with strawberry mix on the side.
- Eclair; Chocolate and peanut, tender dough, a strong peanut flavor and chocolate pastry cream. Fine dining quality.
An enjoyable evening...Do you now know where you will be having dinner tomorrow?