Room service is one of the greatest things of staying in a hotel and to make the experience even more fun Manhattan's Aloft Hotel just announced a new way to order room service via emojis. You can finally use your emojis for more than hashtagging your Instagram photos.
On arrival, guests are presented with a menu of "packages", which they can request by texting a specific emoji to hotel staff. Text it, Get it (or TiGi for short), a service that allows you to request things simply by sending an emoji.
- The Sightseer, $30: a $10 Metrocard, city map, and drinks at WXYZ
- The Re:fresh, $10: toothpaste, toothbrush, razor, shaving cream, and deodorant
- The Hangover, $10: two bottles of Vitaminwater, Advil, and two bananas
- The Munchies, $10: Coca-Cola, Doritos, Snickers, and a chocolate brownie
- Phone Charger, $25: Make sure to specify "iPhone" or "Android" in your emoji text
- Surprise Me, $25: "Fun swag and cool stuff"