CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
The Gathering: A Perfect Three In One
The Gathering: The Italian Cookery
The Gathering Butcher Grill: Fine Meat and Tasty Dessert
After trying the Italian corner at the Gathering I went to try the Butcher Grill so as to have a full experience of the perfect Gathering trio. The Butcher Grill is the first restaurant on the left as we walk pass by the Gathering gate. It's a trendy place with writings on the ceiling, an open kitchen and a cozy atmosphere.
I like the ambiance, the smell of the place, the music and the lighting: A relaxing combination. Like the two others, mineral water is served in colorful bottles; this time it was blue. I love the fact that the bottle comes with a recycled tag that addresses the composition of the water we are drinking along with the manufacture's signature. I find it very professional. Finally someone found the solution to our local plastic bottles problem. Since the water companies don't want to start producing glass bottles, The Gathering created its own.
Before even ordering, a mix of olive oil and fresh thyme leaves are served with warm and spongy bread slices adequate for dipping.
- Salads (Iceberg and walnut salad, Endive and Roquefort cheese salad, Caprese salad, Organic green salad in a bread basket)
- Beef (Organic filet 200g, Organic Entrecote 300g, Prime filet 200g, Prime Entrecote 300g, T-Bone 500g, Sauteed beef chunks)
- Burgers (The Gathering burger 180g, The Gathering double burger, Chicken guacamole burger, Cordon Bleu burger, Falafel burger, Tuna burger)
- Chicken (Roasted farm chicken with thyme, Grilled chicken liver)
- Veal (Filet Mignon 200g, Chop 300g, Escalope)
And a choice with each platter (Sauces, Cheese platter, Charcuterie platter, French fries, Sauteed mushrooms...)
- The Gathering double Burger 360g: Part of my Top 10 burgers in Lebanon, the gathering burger is finger licking good. Two perfectly cooked patties exactly like I ordered them, red and tender, thick and juicy served on a delicious bun with cocktail sauce making the mix ready to savor. All I did is remove the thick onion piece added (It was really thick indeed)
- The Iceberg and walnut salad is fresh, simple and easy to eat.
- Half a chicken grilled on the machine and marinated in their homemade thyme sauce: the sauce contains garlic so I only tasted the chicken and appreciated its tenderness.
The best part is the dessert. A savory chocolate crepe that is just perfect. As mentioned before, the Italian was not one of my favorite places but the butchery is a phenomenal success. A quick lunch or a relaxed dinner, the butcher-grill is your next destination.