Having breakfast on the second day, it was time to write the review. Two nights spent at the Golden Tulip Hotel on Jiyyeh, were enough to have a general idea. It's a large resort with a 24 hours receptionist, a wide comfortable room. But there are some imperfections.
We arrived at midnight on a Friday. It was a premiere for me to be asked to settle the whole amount at check-in. It was $99 per night and breakfast included. It’s a reasonable price for what you get.
Located on the Jiyyeh internal road, probably midway between Saida and Beirut is a resort one can't miss. Arrive to the reception before going down to the wedding ballroom space or the restaurant occupying the right wing. Classical music plays in the background. The room has a king size bed, a TV, a sea view and balcony with a view on our beautiful Mediterranean.
The needed fixes:
- Staff could handle some more training. It's Telephone with an "e". Asking for the room key back shows some serious stinginess from their side. It's a simple plastic card after all!
- Room service staff doesn’t wear uniforms.
- Waiters didn't approach us for coffee this morning while I was there sitting for more then twenty minutes. Black denim pants and brick orange pullover is surely not the hotel's uniform.
- Beds were not changed, mini bar was not checked nor refilled and towels were not renewed.
- You really don't want to experience their shower. The water turns from extremely cold to extremely hot by the second and surely needing more pressure. Shower is unacceptable!
- I had a good night’s sleep.
- All rooms have a balcony.
- Internet is fast and free.
- The hotel enjoys fresh and positive vibes.
A good stay close to Saida. Check out all the pictures so you know what to expect.