Mmmmmm, Simply perfect: More than a restaurant, better than a cafe...
Chic, trendy, cosmopolitan and casual, the Gordon's Cafe, located in Five Star Le Gray Hotel, is the perfect place for a delicious breakfast, a light lunch or a smooth afternoon tea on the sidewalk, amidst the bustling Beirut Central District.
The Gordon's Cafe
has it all. The place has everything that will make your breakfast, lunch or dinner experience memorable. I have been there more than four times already before deciding to write about my very positive thoughts.
At dinner time, the Gordon's Cafe has a very pleasant ambiance. Choose from it's wide and varied menu of prime Angus Beef Burgers, crunchy Italian pizzas, juicy desserts and tasty cakes as well as their fine selection of Sashimi.
The architecture and interiors are perfectly executed, taking care of the smallest detail. This historical sleight of hand is courtesy of architect Kevin Dash, who has introduced overt modernity in the infinity pool, the glass-walled rooftop bar and the monumental atrium. For the interior, Gordon Campbell Gray
and design partner Mary Fox Linton have introduced Levantine flashes of orange and red to an otherwise muted palette. Custom reissues of mid-century Brazilian armchairs mix with contemporary touches, such as Valérie Boy's lightbox in the lobby and art from Lebanon, Syria, Cuba and beyond.
I already tasted and highly appreciated:
- Zucchini Fritti and Parmesan - Mouthwatering crunchy sticks you'll enjoy so much
- Mixed Sushi and Sashimi Combo Platter - Up to the standard of a premium Japanese restaurant
- Fresh Shrimps with cocktail sauce - Simply delicious
- Chicken and beef Mini Burgers - Reminded me of my favorite Kobe burgers at Caramel Dubai
- Grilled Calamari - Just perfect
- Grass-fed Prime Beef Burger - Part of my top 10 burgers in Lebanon
- Classic Club Sandwich - Crunchy and fresh
- Grilled Black Angus Filet - Juicy and tender meat served with their unique fries
- The Our Cheese Pizza - Just like the Italians do it
- Fish and Chips - The only time I eat Fish and Chips without tasting any oil
- Tiramissu - The best I have tasted in Lebanon by far
- Chocolate Fondant - Finger licking good
I am sure you're asking: Can it be that perfect? My answer is yes indeed. A five star restaurant with a five star service in a five star hotel.
On another occasion, I had the chance to try their breakfast for two: Eggs prepared artistically and served with fresh juice of your choice, warm bread and homemade jams. What a pleasant way to start your day in our beloved capital.
I would highly advise you to try the Gordon's Cafe, and make sure to start with their burger, a love affair that will never end. Trust me!