The Regency Palace in Amman Jordan is one of the oldest five stars hotels in town. It’s surely not a five star service.
Previously the Sheraton and part of WorldHotels, the regency is still welcoming its guests with an ambiance and decoration dating from the eighties. You feel how old it is, how used, how dull with no background music around the lobby. You feel the broken things all around you and the old brown wood decorations. Yes, it is a good choice for the price you are paying compared with other five star hotels around the city.
What I didn't like:
- Aggressive, unprofessional or untrained staff.
- smoking is permitted everywhere without any control. In the morning prepare yourself for a smoky breakfast.
- no interactive TV
- no fruit basket in the room
- very bad breakfast choice, no fruits at all, no cheese, but a wide choice of bread, croissant and viennoiseries. You light eaters out there, that's not your preferred spot.
- No preparation of the beds and rooms at night, even though it's a must for a five star.
- service is very slow and not up to a five stars standard
What I appreciated:
- I love the bath water pressure.
- Traders Vic's restaurant is a nice place.
- lovely view from the pool on the 20th and the gym on the 19th??.
As an overall review, for the price, i will book a room again on my next visit making sure to avoid smoking rooms and smoking people as they are really annoying inside the hotel.