For its 14th edition The World’s 50 Best Restaurants, sponsored by S.Pellegrino & Acqua Panna, will be returning to London’s historic Guildhall for a prestigious ceremony on Monday 1st June, 2015.
The awards provide an annual snapshot of the world’s gastronomic scene; a globally recognised and respected reference point which showcases leading trends and highlights culinary treasures from all corners of the Earth.
In 2014, 49 of the 50 restaurants on the list attended the gala event, which saw Copenhagen restaurant Noma regain the title of The S.Pellegrino World’s Best Restaurant.
This year, for the first time, The World’s 50 Best Restaurants is working with professional services consultancy Deloitte as its official independent adjudication partner. The adjudication by Deloitte will ensure that the integrity and authenticity of the voting process and the resulting list of The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2015 are protected.
William Drew, Group Editor of The World’s 50 Best Restaurants, said: “We are excited to confirm the date of The World’s 50 Best Restaurants awards for 2015 as Monday 1st June.
“As always, we strive to ensure the results reflect the current global dining scene, with the system enabling members to vote far and wide for everything from small, unknown restaurants in secluded regions to some of the best-known restaurants in the world.
“This year, we are delighted to introduce world-renowned consultancy Deloitte as an independent adjudicator to validate the voting process and the resulting list. We feel this is an important step in reinforcing the integrity and credibility of The World’s 50 Best Restaurants.”
- At the ceremony, The World's 50 Best Restaurants 2015 will be announced, culminating in the coveted award for The S.Pellegrino World's Best Restaurant. Further award categories include the Veuve Clicquot World's Best Female Chef and The Diners Club® Lifetime Achievement Award.
- The World’s 50 Best Restaurants list will be presented in the company of the world’s most influential restaurateurs, finest chefs and assembled international media.
How The World’s 50 Best Restaurants list is compiled:
- The list is created from the votes of The Diners Club® World’s 50 Best Restaurants Academy, an influential group of almost 1,000 international leaders in the restaurant community. The Academy comprises 27 separate regions around the world, each of which has 36 members, including a chairperson, and each member can cast seven votes. Of those seven, at least three votes must recognise restaurants outside of the academy member’s own region.
- The panel in each region is made up of food writers and critics, chefs, restaurateurs and highly regarded ‘gastronomes’. Members list their choices in order of preference, based on their best restaurant experiences of the previous 18 months. There is no pre-determined check-list of criteria.
- The best way to follow the build up to the announcement of the list and individual awards is on Facebook.com/50bestrestaurants and via Twitter @TheWorlds50Best. The results will also be published online at www.theworlds50best.com as soon as they have been announced to the assembled chefs and media at the ceremony in London.
- The awards will also be streamed live for everyone at home via www.finedininglovers.com. All the restaurants and award-winners will feature in a standalone ‘The World’s 50 Best
Restaurants 2015 Guide’, which will be available for sale from 2nd June.