Tony Roma is a casual dining family restaurant with many branches around the world. More than 150 locations serving famous BBQ ribs, burgers and many American favorites. It's seafood, ribs and steaks; let's have dinner.
A clear dinner-orientated space, lots of wood under a low ceiling creating a cozy space that better than the red signboard would suggest. A nice space with small stones covering the walls, lanterns and chandeliers in yellow and wooden tables. A large menu displays the favorites.
The breakfast menu, appetizers, fresh salads, pasta, soups, gourmet burgers, deli sandwiches, the famous ribs, chicken, signature steaks, sides, seafood, specialty drinks and desserts.
We were served by Eli, a gentle and professional waitress, smiley and welcoming. Starters followed by the main deal.
- We had the Tony's sampler: A trio of appetizers. Boneless bites, spinach dip and the signature onion loaf. Served with salsa, sour cream and the spicy BBQ dipping sauce. Delicious boneless chicken; a lovely sauce, extremely juicy chicken. I loved them. Flavorful spinach dip. The onion loaf is too much; bulky and contains too many fried onions.
- Mozzarella sticks: Golden fried mozzarella sticks served with the famous ranch sauce. Oil-free, crispy mozzarella.
- Kickin' shrimp: Tender shrimp fried to a crisp golden brown and tossed in a spicy cream sauce exploding with flavor. Kicking indeed, juicy shrimp marinated in their spicy mayo sauce. The P. F. Chang's-style dynamite shrimp in a martini glass is delicious. I loved the texture and taste, as well as the generosity of the portion.
Tasty appetizers, let's move on to the main plates. I ordered the bountiful beef ribs:
- Three large ribs with barbecue sauce served with fries and coleslaw on the side. Three ribs are enough to satisfy your craving. Three big sized ribs, lots of meat on the bone, tender and juicy. An enjoyable sweetness accompanied them. With that comes a coleslaw and crispy, crunchy French fries.
- I also tried my friend's fried chicken and loved it.
Free Coke Light refills, a happy ambiance, good service, big portions and delicious American diner food. A general feel I honestly didn't expect. Craving such food? It's the place to be.