A very casual Italian restaurant for those who want to escape Beirut city!
Vigneto, an Italian restaurant located in Dbayeh, is one of those very casual and simple places, serving Italian food the home-made way. A huge choice, huuuugggeeeeee portions, an acceptable taste at an affordable price: The perfect combination. I would personally improve lots of things to make this place up to the standards of an international Italian place, but it seems that the loyal customers are happy since it's always fully booked.
The Menu: Antipasti, Zuppa, Insalata, Pasta (Spaghetti, Fettuccine, Penne, Fusilli, Farfalle, Pasta Speciale, Lasagna, Gnocchi, Risotto), Piatti (Carni, Pollo, Pesce) and pizza. Wow! Are they trying to offer all kinds of pasta found on supermarket shelves. You don't have to over do it to be a nice Italian place!
The things that made me uncomfortable:
- The place is extremely hot with an air-conditioning system that should be boosted.
- Waiters are sweating, running and so overloaded that it stresses you out. It seems they have more customers than they can handle.
- If you ask me what I hate the most in a restaurant: It is when waiters change plates without changing the cutlery. The waiter and before starting with the main dish, changed our plates and just removed the knives and forks and threw them on a napkin in front of everyone.
- I can't stand it when the waiters remember to arrange their forks and knives and creating a catastrophic symphony.
- A dull, yellow and brown restaurant: not the best architecture you can see.
All those issues are simple and can be fixed with a little bit of training if the management becomes aware of it.
- They have a delicious Parmigiana served hot and topped with crunchy Parmesan cheese, but I honestly preferred the one I had in Pinocchio Antelias.
- The Bruschetta Pomodoro is good
- Their Pizzas are very tasty and generous
- The pasta cooking time is good with tasty mixes
- The risotto needs some improvement: Crunchy, needs better cooking and lacks the right taste
- Their desserts are good
Vigneto is the local Trattoria I would recommend. Its not the best Italian you can have but with some improvements they can quickly be better.