CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Yoshi: Casual and Premium Japanese Dining in Naccach
Yoshi: Impressed Every time!
Only 48 hours after my last review, I am back at Yoshi with my wife and family. I am back for the Satana, the makis and fresh sashimi alongside other orders. I was happy to see the place almost full on a Tuesday. People were happy, chitchatting and dining with smiles on their faces. With music playing in the background, dimmed lights and a busy staff moving around we sat for dinner.
The first impression:
- I loved the edamame, the spicy and salty versions. Warm, firm and tasty.
- Sake is served in an ice bucket on a stainless tower like a wine bucket.
- The crushed ice cubes are amazing; I love it how ice crumbles under the teeth and explodes like snow.
Let's get straight to the point and eat!
- Fried squid chunks with the signature sauce are as good as when I last had them two days ago. Crunchy and salty with a tender heart. The sauce makes them even better.
- Marinated salmon on ice, served in a small cup surrounded by ice. Very good marination where thin slices of salmon bathe in a sauce that's different than any I have had before. Good job chef.
- The eggplant cup with sweet soy sauce and mini mushrooms is exquisite; come for this plate, you won't regret it.
- PS: order white ginger cause the pink one is sweet and feels synthetic.
- The temakis are wow; crunchy nori leaves, little rice and a generous portion of fish, the salmon temaki is recommended but the salmon skin needs to be crunchier. Salmon skin is unpleasantly chewy.
- OMG, the grilled salmon is exquisite. A generous portion with tasty rice. Three chunks of salmon marinated in a sweet sauce and glazed to amaze. Served in a bed of steamed vegetables with lemon sauce. It's the kind of order that will make you want to visit the place again. Two thumbs up!
- Close your eyes and feel the freshness of their sashimi. Imported tuna with an intense violet color and the torched scallops served on a bed of ice and thinly sliced lemon.
- A Japanese dinner is not complete without a selection of makis, not any makis but Yoshi's finest, served warm or cold depending on the orders, a little bit of rice, lots of fish, real flavors different from one piece to another, mango, avocado and other add-ons with the real taste of fish. Loved the rice quality and cooking time making it firm and not sweet.
- Golden squid served on a hot plate, a hard textured battered squid and a sweet sauce; a bit too sweet for a sushi order!
- Satana as a last order, hot and spicy, creamy and sticky. It's not for the faint hearted, but it's one of my favorite orders.
Dinner ended with their mouth watering caramelized bananas, which put a smile on my face. A delicious dinner I'll be repeating soon.