CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
The Airbus A380 Connects Paris and New York: AirFrance’s Culinary Experience
Air France’s La Première Cabin Returns to the Paris – Beirut Route!
A Travel Review: Air France Business Class Revamped
From Beirut to Paris... An Enjoyable Flight On Board Air France's Premium Class
Have You Tried the Premium Economy Class: Paris-Beirut On-board Air France?
From Paris to Beirut: Air France Business Class on Boeing 777-200
Air France Medium Haul Business Class, Paris-Tunis
Beirut-Paris: The Air France Business Experience
Air France Reveals Best & Beyond Cabins at Le Gray
Seoul-Paris: Enjoying Service and Food Onboard Air France
The New Business Night Service Offered by Air France
Air France Supports Lebanese Apples with NGNO
Air France: The A380 Experience is Like any Other Plane!
La Gomme à Mâcher: Air France's Inflight Exclusive Gum
Premium Economy Class On-Board AirFrance - Have You Tried It?
Flying AirFrance from Beirut to Paris in Business Class: I Love the Experience Not the Food!
Night Service at The Airport: Have Dinner on the Ground and Sleep in the Air
What to Expect: Experience Air France Business Class (A Detailed Video Review)
I am going to say it as it is. I don't understand how people still travel with MEA on 'Beirut-Paris' and 'Paris-Beirut' route when the prices are the same on-board Air France yet with a service that is 30 times better. Friendly and professionally trained staff, exquisite French wines Grand Crus, a Michelin starred chef menu, individually canned soft drinks, a high end menu which changes regularly and much much more... While, as a small reminder, on MEA you are served by an untrained staff, poured soft drinks from plastic bottles, eat the same menu that has been served for the last decade or more, restraint choice of movies... For the price this Business Class seat costs, Air France is the choice to take.
On today's menu:
- L'amuse-bouche: Goat cheese and artichoke caviar: Sun-dried tomato, lemon, goat cheese cube, artichoke caviar, lightly crunching with an end sour taste
- Gourmet appetizer and seasonal salad: Slow-cooked foie gras terrine, smoked salmon, blini, baby spinach
- The special selection of cheese: Petit chèvre, Camembert
- Desserts: Fresh cheese mousse with raspberry compote, caramel cream puff, chocolate crisp
- Sorbet and ice-cream with fresh fruits
- Pan-seared tenderloin of beef: Béarnaise parsnip julienne, carrot and watercress puree
- Orecchiette pasta with calamari and arugula served with tomato sauce with coriander prepared by Guy Martin
- Pumpkin puree: Sautéed vegetable brunoise, sautéed sugar snap peas, squash seeds
The High-end fine dining experience on-board: Memories of holidays, colors and scents have inspired Guy Martin to come up with classic and inventive recipes. Enjoy these dishes up in the air, subtle blends of flavors for an original and contemporary culinary experience on board:
- Sautéed shrimps, pasta shells and zucchini caviar, coconut sauce enhanced by Espelette chili pepper
- Orecchiette pasta with calamari and arugula served over tomato sauce with coriander
- Sautéed chicken with orange and maniguette pepper, endive and pearl onions
- Breast of duckling, and a fennel and mango compote
- Orecchiette pasta with calamari and arugula served over tomato sauce with coriander: «Orecchiette pasta with calamari and Italian parsley is presented over a light tomato sauce flavored with coriander. The spicy taste of arugula enlivens the dish, along with a flavorful garnish of finely shaved Parmesan cheese.»
- Perfectly seasoned, coriander and tomato giving it an additional finesse, calamari not crunching and pleasant on the teeth, pasta aldente activating all your palatial buds
- The overall mix was a bit too salty
- Circular pasta like shells
- A very generous portion of a colorful mix
The details I loved:
- A continuous dimmed lighting in the cabin
- Every flight starts and ends with the Air France wet refreshing towel
- How they present the bottle of wine for you to see it before pouring
- Presenting and preparing the tray, putting the salt and pepper and salad mix straight in front of you - with a smile.
- Tea proposed by the famous Fauchon
- Last time's sorbet was a special baked apple and today's is Speculose biscuit. Every time a new surprise awaits
- The 777-300 has no stopper for the feet. When reclining the seat into a bed, your body slides down to the floor. A stopper like the ones on the Airbus planes is a must
- Screens should be bigger and brighter with a touch feature specially in 2013. Technology is running fast and we are obliged to follow it