CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Swissotel Am Schloss: Swiss Perfection in Dresden
Esszimmer: Dinner at the Swissotel Dresden
I fell in love with the city of Dresden as well as the hotel I checked into, Swissotel, from the very first minute I arrived... This was the first time I visit an area without Googling it or arrive to a hotel without even checking more details about it on the net... And I'm happy I did so because the element of surprise was following me since the first minute… The good kind of surprise.
The breakfast was very very good. The smiling staff welcomes you to a large seating area divided into two distinct dining spaces, the living room down the restaurant and the dining room, which is the main space around the buffet.
I spent some quality time touring around the buffet, tasting and enjoying the soothing ambiance, clean spirit and beautiful music. Accompanied by my friends, I didn't have the time to take notes the first morning. So the next morning, at 7am before anyone woke up, I was at the breakfast room, happy to repeat the experience all over again and share it with you.
Good morning sir, coffee or tea?
And here my journey through freshness and positive energy started… an amazing way to start my day.
- Scrambled eggs
- Baked beans and beef sausages
- Six minutes eggs
- Hot soup of carrots and ginger
- Cream cheese and shepherd's cheese
- Horseradish and herring salad
- Four choices of smoked salmon
- Four choices of cold cuts
- Tea sausage spread
- Vegetable aspic
- White cheese
- Yellow cheese choice
- Swiss cheese ad raisin
- Yogurt choices in a bed of ice
- 12 different choices of cereals
- Closed bags of musli
- Bread and toast
- Plain and chocolate croissant
- Six choices of juices
- Six bowls of dried fruits
- Six jam jars
- Two different fruit salads
- Three compote bowls
Today's special were pancakes with syrup. Wow! It was awesome to say the least. A soft spongy double layer of light pancake, lighter than my pillow, traps a spread of maple syrup, and topped with powder sugar. If you think you know what a pancake feels like, think again.
All I had to do was put a bite on my tongue and the passion within did the rest. An airy pancake filled with air bubbles started melting inside my mouth like a river finding its way around the mountains.
The details which show finesse and professionalism:
- Buffet setup changes daily. It is never the same so you don't get bored of the same thing daily. A new experience daily
- The choice of cereals was breathtaking including organic and healthy choices
- Croissants were freshly baked
- They were not called simply boiled eggs but 6 minutes eggs. You know that there are three versions of eggs: 3, 6 and 9 minutes according to hardness. So the ones I had were 6, just so you know what to expect
- Ask for the juice of the day. Cherry and banana was the special day that day
- A chef was standing closely around the buffet making sure all was clean and neat
Finishing breakfast, a table filled with paper cups of coffee and baskets of croissant were available to bid you good bye and a good day… They are there for grabs as you walk out to start your day…