CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Downtown Restaurant Kaslik: A Success Story!
Downtown Kaslik: One Detail Needs Fixing
Downtown: Don't Order Sushi
Downtown Kaslik: New Look
Downtown: A Neighborhood Restaurant Since 1986
Downtown: Moules-Frites Every Wednesday in Kaslik
The experience never changes. The same waiters welcome your by name, knowing what you order will be. Customers loyal to Downtown have their own habits. The minute I walk in I an served with a Coca Light in a beer glass full of ice... My order always starts with the Japanese Duo Salad... Lunch starts with bread, Tapenade and butter until the waiter takes the order with his iPod as quick as it can be. Waiters at Downtown have been around for a very long time with the maturity and professionalism rare to find these days.
We ordered from the simple menu of Pasta, Pizza, Starters and Plates:
- The famous Japanese Duo salad.
- Endives an Roquefort cheese salad.
- Edamame served in a double recipient bowl, taking from one an throwing the skin in the other.
- Shrimp Dumplings.
- Chicken liver prepared in the pan: Those are the best I've ever tasted and appreciated as they are different from the ones offered in Lebanese restaurants and tasted with crunchy french fries.
I love some of the details:
- A unique salad bar part of the Top 10 list of Lebanon.
- Very nice and pleasant wine glasses.
- A 15 pages wine list from the four corners of the globe.
- Relaxing chairs.
- Soft background music.
- Adequate lighting.
- Chocolate truffle ice-cream is a tasty passionate dessert.
The only thing I am not a fan of is their Sushi that can be incredibly improved in my opinion.
Downtown Kaslik is the place to try as it's different from DT Beirut - starting with their waiters and welcoming.