MBCo, as most of you already know is a Canadian restaurant franchise that has come all the way to Lebanon to serve an all day menu. Starting at 9am until late hours of the night, MBCo serves a rich variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner, all prepared in a trendy manner and served in a nicely decorated set up, within Blueberry Square in Dbayeh.
My visit to MBCo a couple of months ago only included desserts. Then my experience was just average. It was time to go back again and this time, I wanted to try their breakfast and will soon after try their lunch or dinner menu. One of the things that got to me last time was the loud music. MBCo has changed its music. They now welcome their guests in a more calm atmosphere. Soothing tunes play in the background of this beautiful interior. Together with their fast free internet service... This is a perfect set up start your day. It's 9am, Ahmad welcomes me with a smile while other employees were busy preparing for the day. Everyone was smiling and all seem happy to be working here. I was taking pictures like a paparazzi and no one bothered me, no one asked, no one stopped me. They obviously have nothing to hide and they all knew that my pictures will end up online, on social medias... promoting the beautiful restaurant.
- The color combination of white and black is used in abundance
- Real wood flooring cover the place
- Wood and marble tables with their stainless supports fill the space
- Choose between the black leather benches, white modern leather sofas or the transparent Phillip Stark chairs
- Three LCD screens decorate the long wall facing the pastry display fridge
- An onyx table, centered in the middle is the MBCo is their worldwide signature
- I liked the wine barrels around the terrace, decorated in white to follow the places ambiance
- Mango& Basil Smoothie: Tropical Mango, basil oil and low fat milk
- Egg Benedict: 2 poached eggs, sautéed mushrooms, sautéed spinach, white cheddar cheese topped with Hollandaise sauce on a sesame bagel bread.
The culinary fine experience:
- Although a natural choice was to order coffee, I opted for a cold drink instead. I asked for their smoothie. WOW! Awesome! Just try it and you'll understand. So soft, so light, so fresh and so tasty...
- An awesome creation in a round UFO shaped Canadian bagel. Melted cheese and Hollandaise sauce covering fried eggs, spinach and sautéed mushrooms. The bagel is crunchy on the sides and soft in the middle, covered with amazing ingredients layered one on top of the other to give you outstanding pleasure. Just cut through this magical piece with your knife and see the egg yolk drain out like a gentle river. Bite it, close your eyes and feel each of the many ingredients melting under your teeth and caressing your palatal buds with art and tender mushrooms ending the experience with the spinach. To tell you the truth, I didn't imagine it to be that good.
It doesn't end here. I remember last time I was here, I spotted their bags of chocolate balls and wondered what they were. They are described as Dehydrated Strawberry Chocolate with dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate. That is a must try. When you first crunch it, the ball feels like Maltesers, the strawberry taste is not prominent followed by the feel of chocolate and sweetness. Hard and smooth at the same time, it crumbles gently under your teeth before handing the job over to your tongue which will turn it around your palate taking you on a trip of endless pleasures. BEWARE: These are addictive.
MBCo is one my new favorite breakfast spots. I encourage you to try it.