Clean and well designed, this restaurant welcomes you in for a quick sandwich or to enjoy a seated meal on the Jeita highway. Gilgamesh has opened a restaurant in Naccache for the last couple of years with a seating area and kids playground just recently this more casual eatery established itself in Keserwan.
Gilgamesh has a wide menu of oriental specialties, from which we chose meat-based sandwiches to get a closer look of the food.
- Cold starters
- Hot starters
- Raw meat
The first impression:
- The place looks clean and the staff is welcoming.
- The air is fresh and smells good.
- The delivery menu is only printed in Arabic. I'm sorry for you, but you can't eat at Gilgamesh if you don't read Arabic.
- The meat sandwich is good. A tender, but chewy bread filed with Hummos, parsley, pickles and meat, a tender and well cooked meat. I suggest you order it with one single piece of bread to enjoy the filling since the bread is a bit overpowering and chewy.
- Toshka is a recommendation. It reminded me of the Kafta sandwich at Hajj Nasr in Achrafieh only classier, less oily and less fatty. Lebanese bread spread with Kafta, grilled on the barbecue and filled with tomatoes, mayonnaise and pickles. A flavorful and enjoyable sandwich with interesting textures.
- Barbecue grilled burger: That's a feel of home in a restaurant. The same bread covered with sesame, thin condensed meat, the crunchy coleslaw, the thin tomato and the sauce, the best part is the sauce. The mix of mustard, mayo and ketchup without any sophistication, with this empowering flavor of mustard leaving a pleasant aftertaste. The meat on the other hand, offers a nice charcoal flavor that makes all the difference. Nice, a simple burger that's not Angus beef, or using bread from a famous factory or whatever seems European, I liked it.
- Meat shawarma: A loaded, generous portion of meat in a sandwich with crunchy pickles, tender tomatoes and tarator. A tasty and tender meat with little fat, a fresh bread and correct flavors. I didn't feel the commercial aspect of the shawarma, which I really enjoyed.
For your info: I found this funny, they have a WhatsApp delivery service. No phone call needed.
Reasonable prices, good food, what else would you expect from a street food place. Going to Keserwan, Gilgamesh is a recommended stop over.