CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
The Gordon's Cafe: Fish & Chips... and Tiramisu
The Gordon's Cafe, The Door To Downtown Beirut
Gordon's: Prime Beef Burger Followed by Premium Pain Perdu
Breakfast at Gordon's Cafe: Try the Salmon and Eggs
Warm Cake, Caramel and Crunchy Walnuts… A Must Share Experience!
Attending three days of training at Le Gray, I enjoyed discovering the ballroom for the first time, the new hotel entrance and most importantly the hotel food. There’s something bizarre happening around here; the food is not good, the food irradiates happiness... it’s excellent! After two meals at Indigo and four coffee breaks, I head down to Gordon’s. I heard that the hotel has a new chef; it’s obvious and clear!
Nestled at the hotel entrance and occupying the gate of Beirut’s central district, Gordon’s has been a destination for the businessmen of our beloved city. A pizza oven, a bar, a cake display and a view on the vibrant action happening on the streets of Beirut.
Gordon’s menu is varied covering all corners of life, exactly like you expect it at a hotel in the heart of a busy city. Starters, main dishes, Sushi, Pizza, burgers, and pasta, choose anything you crave of having on a different day of the week. Last time in 2014, I was excited to experience Gordon’s food again after the new chef joined. I loved it!!!!!
Lunch starts with a loaf of fresh bread: a big bowl of fresh bread served with a green sauce, parmesan and soy sauce. Fresh bread with a heart of air and thin crispy envelop of enjoyment. Dip it in the green sauce made of parsley with anchovies and enjoy.
Food is so good!
- The fried zucchini tempura has always been my favorite, served with tartar sauce on the side. I like the crunch, the freshness and the moist heart of every finger.
- Edamame; classy edamame, enjoyably al dente are a great choice of nibbles before your lunch.
- The pizza! Oh, waw! Very thin and not soggy crust, a unique sauce that’s acidic and fresh, molten cheese and a fluffy border.
- Good quality meat in the burger but not the bun I expected: too Frenchy and chewy for a burger.
- Fish and chips; a simple dish many don’t know how to do for the quality of fish, the crunchy batter and the heart that should remain juicy and tender. I’ve been searching for a good fish and chips in Lebanon without finding a really good one until today. It was good, it has become better. The only thing I’ll change is the fries into “chips”, a thicker version and more English style.
- I loved the sushi; good quality rice, flavors, sauces, colors, and a nice presentation. Sushi quality many specialized restaurants don’t know how to do.
I enjoyed my experience, service and food taste; thank you guys, you made my day.