Located in heart of the capital, the Mac Mahon Hotel is an elegant four stars offering a cocktail of services blended with a unique interior concept all set in a professional manner only to make your stay a pleasant and memorable one.
At the foot of the Arc de Triomphe, in one of Paris' most prestigious districts, the Champs Elysees Mac Mahon Hotel welcomes you in an empire revisited. The Champs Elysees Mac Mahon Hotel is set in a beautiful Haussmann building and enjoys a fantastic location. This boutique hotel has unique interiors combining the best of contemporary design and 19th Century Empire style.
I arrived at noon to the Mac Mahon and was welcomed by two beautiful ladies who made sure to check me in their establishment as quickly as possible . A tiny lobby, a mini reception that makes you think: "if this is the first impression, what's next?"
Don't worry, what's behind that is a luxurious hotel of endless flavors. A red chandelier, grey wood, splashed black carpets of faces, white circles, eagles and bees around the stone stairs activate your five senses before reaching the room.
Mac Mahon's rooms are not that spacious but beautifully and professionally designed to make you enjoy every inch of it. Red curtains, grey fabrics wallpapers, a large and relaxing bed in the middle under the main painting with led lit mirror boxes on the sides, a working desk with its lantern and iPod dock, a wireless phone, a mini bar and safe, a Nespresso machine with Mariage freres tea bags and a thin LED television all organized under the mirror ceiling making the space look big. Without forgetting the design chandelier pending over the bed.
The bathroom is another story. Tiny it is, but when you get enchanted by the Lanvin amenities in this shiny glass entourage, the size won't matter anymore... Les Notes De Lanvin: III orange amber shampoo, I vetyver Blanc body lotion, I vetyver Blanc soap, shower cap and vanity kit. Two black cups, a tissue box, a hair dryer and the square magnifying mirror. Click the TV speaker on and under the moving fountains of water provided by HansGrohe, your shower is a self relaxing spa experience: Adequate temperature, Adequate pressure in a box that just makes you smile. They also have a water pressure massage toilet seat.
- The true HD quality TV broadcast
- The roof camera showing the Arc De Triomphe roundabout live on your TV screen - its beautiful to see how the sun sets and how it comes up
- The Art Deco ambiance
- The room's adequate lighting
- The bathroom details
- The fluffy and warm quilt
- The wide relaxing breakfast area: The Nohan Cafe
I like it... I liked this hotel a lot. A true four star hotel a couple of meters only from the world's most famous avenue, Champs Elysees.
- The ignorant employee who decided to move the sofas cleaning the floor at 05:20am the first night and at 05:00am the second night should be fired ASAP. He woke me up and surely other guests as well with his unbearable sounds. Let me describe it: You know this vibration squeaking sound of metal sliding onto ceramic tiles that pass through the building walls directly into your bones... Yes, a excruciating torture!
- I read by mistake on the TV that the hotel's cafe menu is deliverable to the rooms. Nothing states that in the rooms. If there is actually room service they should make it clear to the guests. A detailed menu of choices is a must in the rooms.
- Slippers and bathrobes were discovered the last day, by mistake, hidden inside the closet. A "how to use" the room would have been helpful on arrival.
- During the night expect to hear the every move of your neighbors as the walls are thin and made of wood.
- The heating system was not working and it was - 3 degrees outside.
A hotel close to perfection. A perfect location, cozy rooms, beautiful interiors, professional staff, nice breakfast, awesome TV quality and sound system, impressive bathrooms are few of the things I liked. What would you ask for more while visiting the capital?