I read a lot of reviews on InterContinental Mzaar Mountain Resort & Spa before deciding to write my own. Unfortunately and fortunately all the reviews are correct.
This hotel has a bit of all, from good to bad depending on the season, depending on the waiter, depending on the choice of room. After spending more than nights at the Intercontinental Mzaar in the last six years I can fairly say that the staff is the main problem. Nice people from the surrounding villages that know nothing about the art of hotels management.
The Intercontinental has one of the best locations a hotel can have in Lebanon, surrounded by the best ski resort in the Middle East in winter, and a huge choice of mountain activities in summer that would make it a premium location for families with kids. A couple would spend couple of days relaxing in the spa, or enjoying the wonderful weather and leaving the kids make use of every single minute out in nature. If you have the possibility of booking a room with a view on the ski slopes, since they are far too expensive, that would be an amazing experience especially during the high season of events like the fire dragon or the Mzaar summer festival where the huge fireworks will decorate the mountain with their reflective colors on the fresh snow.
The solution to the visitors problems and comments is very simple:
- make the rooms cheaper cause they are more expensive than the Kempinski in Europe.
- make the food and drinks cheaper, they are too expensive for the bad quality offered.
- train the unprofessional staff from Keserwan that you have or get a professional team from Beirut.
- make the valet parking cheaper (that is a very important issue).
- take care of your customers like if they were unique and important to you.
- improve the food quality.
- Fix the broken amenities of the rooms.
I love this hotel and love it's location... Just improve please!