Our next episode takes us to Jezzine, a village which locals prefer to refer to as a city, located 22 km from Saida and 40 km south of Beirut. Surrounded by mountain peaks, pine forests, and at an average altitude of 1,000 meters, it is the main summer resort and tourist destination of South Lebanon.
We arrived at 7am for a long day that ended at 6pm. Like we always do, we went around searching for the finest hidden gems, the best breakfast choices, the finest lunch ideas and the most interesting discoveries. The town is famous in Lebanon for its production of handmade, traditional cutlery and daggers with decorative inlays as well as the shrine of Our Lady of the Waterfall.
Today, we made 13 different stops, digging into the history of this authentic village and trying to give you a feel of the locals' lives.
Meet the stars of the Jezzine episode:
- Le Delice : 71 878 775 - 07 781 870
- Furn el Zahka : 79 318 933
- Yvette : 10 126 484
- Al Mouneh el jezziniyeh : ( Fifi bou rached) : 07 780 534
- AL Mokhtar Patisserie : 07 781 436
- Furn Manakish : 07 781 230
- Al Chalouf : 07 781 782
- Karam Winery : 03 373 703
- Al Chark Restaurant : 07 780 408
- Haddad Cutleries : 03 683 369
- Toni Aoun For Asalet el Mouneh el Jezziniyeh Mouneh: 71 780 065
- Rhayem (for cutlery): 03 196 116
- Maroun Asmar (for cutlery): 71 724 276
Check the photo gallery below and its beautiful images.