Thanks Giving is just around the corner and most of us are preparing a nice Turkey dinner... Since the season is full of pumkins, we can make fresh pumpkin puree to serve with the turkey or along side a roasted chicken... Joanna's Table gives us a recipe...
- 3kg pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Cut the pumpkin in 2 cm slices. remove the seeds and the membranes, reserving the seeds for toasting if desired, and brush the slices of the pumpkin with the butter
- Bake it in a shallow baking pan at 180°C until the pulp is tender
- Discard any liquid that may have accumulated in the pumpkin
- Scoop out the pulp, and in a blender, purée it in batches, transferring it as it is puréed to a large sieve or colander lined with overlapping large coffee filters and set over a large bowl.
- Cover the surface of the purée with plastic wrap and let the purée drain, chilled, overnight.
Serve next to roasted chicken or turkey.