Why go for the renowned brands when the newest ones have lots of hidden wonders you can discover?
Kerim's is one of the newest restaurants to open in a mall without having a known past or other branches that can support it. Many of you would definitely sit at Casper&Gambini's, Lina's or even Roadster and prefer not to experience a hidden surprise since quality is being lately questioned around town. That won't happen at Kerim's since the manager Ramy Bassil is really doing a perfect job... He welcome's each of his guests warmly. I really fell in love with this place! The place is simple yet very professionally furnished with its glass tables, its wooden red and orange tissue covered chairs and the Kerim's story artistically crafted with couple of drawings on the four sided post: "It's a story of a journey of taste, inspired by flavors from all four corners of the world, from homemade recipes and a personal touch, bringing together culinary talents, passion for food, discovery and memories resulting in a delicious fusion."
The details I liked:
- The recycled paper menu holder has little food items carved on.
- Pepper and himalayan Peugeot salt mills (The salt comes out in a reddish or pink color, with some crystals having an off-white to transparent color)
- Orange and black caoutchouc printed coaster
- A simple white paper placemat
- Hot crunchy brown and white sliced baguette bread are served to start with olive tapenade (simply black olives with olive oil, no garlic) and butter.
- Food comes from the kitchen covered on a big tray with a waiter wearing white gloves a white shirt, white shoes and covering his head and arms: Very professional.
- Couple of papers clipped together on a coaches wooden tablet, like The Gathering or The Lord Of The Wings.
- Two notes on the menu: A star for home-made dishes and a heart of light dishes.
- Appetizers, Salads, Sandwiches, hot platters and desserts.
- Sandwiches are divided into six categories (Pain de mie, Baguette, Ciabatta bread, Open sandwiches, Wrpas, Shoufan)
- The signature dishes: Kerim's Berek: Four pieces of cheese berek, Kerim's Salad Bar: Prepare your own salad and top it with the dressing of your choice from the fresh and ingredient-rich salad bar. Kerim's Salad: Couscous, hummus, coriander, parsley, pistachio and black raisin served with Kerim's special lemon dressing, Kerim's Sandwich: Pesta paste spread on ciabatta bread topped with smoked turkey, mozzarella cheese, chorizo and dried tomato and served with French fries and Kerim's Dessert: Melted cheese topped with crispy crumbles instantly baked and served with sahlab ice cream.
- Spring Rolls: Four pieces of fresh spring rolls filled with vegetables and shrimps.
- Kebbe with Eggplant: Mini kebbe, cut in half, filled with eggplant and pomegranate molasses.
- Croque Monsieur: Emmental cheese, parmesan cheese and ham served with a mix of rocket leaves and cherry tomato salad topped by a balsamic dressing.
- Club Sandwich: Chicken, Emmental cheese, bacon, fried eggs, tomato, batavia Lettuce, pickles and mayo served with French fries.
- Asian Salad: Noodles, carrots, cucumber, zucchini, coriander and peanuts served with Asian dressing and shrimps.
- Kebbe with eggplant is deliciously wonderful. A perfect dish of 6 half Kebbe pieces filled with a warm eggplant mix and served on red cabbage accompanied with some pine nuts.
- Spring rolls are fresh and light. No frying, no complication. Those are Summer rolls and not spring rolls. Menu should be fixed.
- The club sandwich's thin bread gives the other fresh ingredients their consideration.
- Deliciously crunchy thick french fries
- Little french cornichons served with the Club
Desserts are all home-made and freshly prepared with the finest Valrhona chocolate Everything is just perfect. Couldn't find a negative point. I loved this place!