CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
La Petite Maison Dubai: A Dream Place... A Coup de Coeur
The home of Cuisine Nicoise, whose origins lie in old Genoese cooking, is the old town of Nice where French Mediterranean cuisine has blended and evolved with the influences of Ligurian Italy across the border. Local produce, notably artichokes, courgettes, lemons, olives, tomatoes, peppers and girolles are used generously with sea food, meat and fresh pasta to produce a style that’s light and healthy. Oil obtained from olives groves on the hills of the Alpes Maritimes behind Nice and extending into Liguria is used throughout.
I love La Petite Maison, it's my favourite place to be for a quick delicious bite while in Dubai. It's a piece of heaven for food aficionados.
You might say it's expensive, or overpriced, but if you compare it to others in the same category, La Petite Maison is far beyond expensive being the best French restaurant in town, not to say the best in all categories.
What I like about it:
- The nice decoration
- the lighting, the ambiance
- the vegetables theme
- the nice wide bar
- the professional internationally trained team
- the nice looking classy hostesses
- the food presentation
- the menu choice and much more
What I didn’t like about it:
- A bit of arrogance from the waiters
- the smoking inside the restaurant allowed at the bar
- the tables without proper white covering
We went for lunch since it was always fully booked for dinner, and lucky enough we found a table for four to accommodate us for my second visit to this unique small house.? I would like to emphasize on how happy I was that they served Coke and not Pepsi like most restaurants in town... and I loved the glass 'Badoit' and 'Evian' water bottles with silverware cutlery. Perfect first impression.
That day we ordered:
- the very fresh looking and tasting calamari
- an interesting quinoa tabbouleh salad
- warm shrimp marinated in olive oil to start with
- a chicken coquelet
- impressively good green beans with foie gras
- mouthwatering pork chops
- adequately aldente pasta with tomato sauce
- the best rib eye steak I have ever tasted in my whole life
The 'ceremony' at La Petite Maiaon, as I felt with every bite, was topped off with an awesome Pain Perdu, the special of the day fruit mix with sorbet and the unique of a kind hot chocolate mousse. I cannot say more, I was enchanted and will repeat it again and again and again.