It's one of Lebanon's most popular pizzerias. Fady Abou Naoum, the owner, makes the pizzas himself, using the technical skills he learned from his adventures with real Italian culinary traditions.
La PizzAria received huge success in its Gemmayze hole in the wall location. Its popularity led to the opening of a second branch at The Gardens in Dbayeh. The new location is two floors with smoking balconies.
White walls, white lights, white bar and the famous pizza oven. Black accents feature here and there; black metal tables and black lines of lights suspended from the ceiling.
On the menu you can find a wide selection of Italian starters and pizzas. Salads, mozzarella, 24 different choices of pizzas and desserts.
Details I liked:
- The glass cups
- Olive oil and spicy olive oil bottles set on every table
- The wooden tables facing the bar
- The decor's simplicity
It's definitely about the special dough and surely about the premium ingredients used as well as the pizza mixes. Spinach, mushrooms, aged Parmigiano, buffalo cheese, cream of spicy salami, black truffles, prosciutto, Gorgonzola, Pork sausages, spicy salami, Italian bacon, eggs, salmon and much more.
You can't come here and not have the Zaatar pizza! Morning, lunch or dinner, start with the Mankoushe. A piece of white and fluffy dough topped with full bodied Zaatar. This is a wrap filled with fresh vegetables. Feel the oil, the acidity of the Zaatar followed by the juiciness and freshness of the vegetables. It's not like any conventional Mankoushe, it's gourmet with Italian influences... Amazingly delicious!
I would change or improve:
- The place is white... so life and passion should be shown through the place mats and menus.
- A touch of life and color is missing on the menu.
- Social media logos do not fit here - on the menu and placemats - and in my opinion clearly lack professionalism.
- A photo, a beautiful painting, stories of the place would definitely show the passionate man behind the concept without having to mention the name again and again.
- I would have loved to see more Lebanese people at the restaurant.
- A Facebook page with the restaurant's name is a must. Not a personal name!
- Is the Instagram page about the owner or about the restaurant? I'm lost here!
Pluses and things I liked:
- Food is excellent! Pizzas are really good.
- Don't leave without ordering dessert.
Two thumbs up for a great pizza. I enjoyed the place, loved the food and will surely come back again.