The La Tour Restaurant, located on the 9th District of Paris is one of those hidden places that's not commercially known. You will not easily find it but when you do, you will be in for a treat... Be prepared to discover and indulge in a succulent Parisian culinary wonder...
Located a couple of meters away from the Trinity Church on a little street called La Tour des Dames, La Tour restaurant serves authentic French dishes carefully prepared in an open kitchen. It’s a place where you can enjoy delicious French cuisine accompanied with soothing sounds. After trying this restaurant a couple of months ago, three times already, I passed by again for more authentic French preparations. Everything is just as good as I was expecting it to be.
The formula is: Entree + Plat for 19€ only. Yes, only because the portions are generous and fulfilling. I had lunch there twice in one week.
The food is really delicious. It’s a special French combination of mixes only a few know how to prepare. You can have a full meal that includes an appetizer, a main dish and dessert for only 23 euros and trust me its not just any food. I enjoyed my lunch at Restaurant de la Tour a great deal.
The pictures talk for themselves:
- Smoked Salmon: Thick slices of salmon layered one over the other on a green salad. The salmon quality is premium, non oily and non fatty
- Goat Cheese Salad: Fried hot cheese that melts under your teeth gently and softly, little tomato slices, French lettuce and iceberg marinated in balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Simple yet tasty. What I liked is that the cheese does not have an oily taste but conserves its original aroma and crunch.
- Brochette de Poulet Marine au Tandori: Like the Lebanese Chich Tawouk, four pieces of chicken served on a wooden skewer, served with rice and steamed vegetable ragout. Simple and clear, it all starts with your eyes being overwhelmed by the colors followed by the enchanting smell followed by a soft and tender piece of chicken soaked in delicious sauce
- Roti de Porc, Puree de Legumes: Over steamed vegetables that feels like butter accompanying a thick generous piece of pork floating in its sauce. I enjoyed this plate very much
- Tomate Mozzarella: A premiere and extraordinary dish. Cutting the tomato in slices and keeping it in one piece, it is filled with mozzarella chunks and covered with a basil sauce. I really would like to congratulate the chef for this creation
- Calamars a L'ancienne with Rice: Six persons ordered it and loved it to the maximum. A revisited take on calamari served with white sauce and rice: Bravo
- They serve delicious French bread
- The prices are reasonable
- Generous plates
- Delicious food that is tasty and not heavy: Expect to continue your working day smoothly without feeling bloated and full
- The cooking smell from the kitchen reeks into your clothes making you smell of food all afternoon
- The place needs more lighting and a smoother ambiance
I unfortunately heard that the restaurant is closing down soon and the guys are planning on opening a bigger place somewhere in the South of France. All I know is that I enjoyed it a couple of times and left happy.