CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
The Gordon's Cafe, The Door To Downtown Beirut
Gordon's: Prime Beef Burger Followed by Premium Pain Perdu
Breakfast at Gordon's Cafe: Try the Salmon and Eggs
Warm Cake, Caramel and Crunchy Walnuts… A Must Share Experience!
Gordon’s Cafe: Good Food at the Gates of Downtown Beirut
- Occupying the corner of Le Gray hotel, the Gordon's cafe is the perfect place to blend in with Beirut's busy street life
- A colorful space with its blue tiles and many chandeliers, perfectly lit by its high glass facades
- Blue, green, red colors help relax all your senses
- The restaurant is centered by a wooden table displaying some cakes and sweet treats
- At the very end is the Pizza oven behind the bar
- Art is what Le Gray is known for. Some fine paintings decorate the walls
- Square or round, choose to sit on the table that suits you better
- Outside, on the side walk, a line of quire tables welcome tourist and guests who want to live the Beirut experience
- Sharing plates
- Wood Oven Baked Pizza
- Burgers and Sandwiches
Lunch started with a large bun of French bread cut in slices, served with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. A soft and tender bread from the inside protected by a crunchy nice envelop. Lunch followed, while we enjoyed the fresh air of this beautiful winter season. Service was good, waiters are smiling, and the ambiance is unique... A lunch that I perfectly enjoyed.
I ordered the lightly spiced breaded calamari served with tartar sauce which I enjoyed and appreciated. Large pieces of calamari, well seasoned and covered with a subtle spicy and crunchy envelop while their heart is juicy and pleasantly crunchy. A plate filled with sea flavors and rich aromas, made perfect by dipping in this homemade tartar sauce. Tasty non oily calamari that made me smile. I think the picture speaks for itself... I simply loved it
My friend Laurent on another hand, ordered the Scottish smoked salmon served with whole-wheat toasted bagel, low fat cream cheese, capers and lemon. A beautiful plate where the salmon looked fresh and non oily. He tells me that everything was perfect except for the bagel that was too toasted... "I felt I was eating a biscuit," he explained.
We both enjoyed lunch but nothing is complete without a good dessert, and not just any dessert but Gordan Cafe's unique Tiramisu served in a jar. We ordered the Tiramisu as well as a cheesecake. The Cheesecake looks bizarre... Like it's been removed from the fridge and served immediately. It looked deformed as if the plate was inserted as is in the fridge. With its slightly crunchy bottom, non-prominent cheese flavor and rich taste, this cake is a success despite its heavy feel; not a good choice after such a rich lunch. I would have it alone with coffee next time. The good taste was spoiled by the look of this piece of cake.