CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Bar Tartine's New Location in Dbayeh: The First Impression
Bar Tartine: A Heaven for Garlic and Onions Lovers
It's been clear for a while that the Dbayeh area has stolen the hype from other parts of the country, like Gemmayze for example. The area has become a popular dining hub boasting by a number of unique restaurants. I have tried many of them so far, yet I have taken the time to try others... One that recently caught my attention is Yellow Table – which is part of Origami Academy, an activities center for both adults and children alike. From the outside, architecturally, the place looks amazingly appealing and modern. I stepped into the Yellow Table and was amazed by the original decor and architecture of the place. Huge clouds like chandeliers welcome you into a multilevel space that bustling with original details.
The restaurant is spacious with different corners and seating arrangements that will meet any needs. A lot of interesting design details to enjoy – the mirrors, colored seating areas, raw grey walls, little bookshelf, the bar area, the dangling lights and much more… Rough outlines, loft style, with inventive design furniture would best describe the place. As you step into the cool grass terrace you will find hip chairs, wooden tables and benches and unusual candle holders at the entrance of this one story building. Yellow Table known as an International bistro offers a rich contemporary cuisine from innovative salads, freshly cut sashimi, pizzas, burgers and mouthwatering desserts. We chose a table outside.
- The outside seating area with it's couches enjoys a small garden
- A terrace on an upper level, while entering the restaurant, can seat a handful of guests around black square tables
- Inside is a large place with seating facilities on two sides. The lounge as well as some benches follow the main wall on the left, while long rectangle tables to the right side
- High ceiling with decorative cloud like pending lights
- You are welcomed with a salad bar facing the main entrance door
- A yellow table, the restaurant's center piece, is the name's inspiration
- Up a few steps is a bar to the right with metallic stools facing it
- Outside, black tables are surrounded with design chairs
- I loved the restroom's door - hidden behind the wall and covered with a design wallpaper
The place feels compact but it has an airy feel to it.
- Salads & Starters
- Sandwiches, Clubs & Feuillettes
- Mains & Grills
The culinary experience:
- Fresh Salmon Sashimi, 28,000L.L: Eight slices served in a round plate covered with sesame seeds, ginger stripes, jalapeños slices, spring onions and coriander in a bath of soy sauce. An interesting sweet aftertaste that tickles your tongue. The only thing I'll change is the soy sauce. It is too salty. Please use non salty soy sauce (the green one).
- YTB Salad, 16,000L.L: (Quinoa with local thyme, red cherry tomatoes, parsley, spring onion, baby romaine lettuce, rocket leaves, sumac and pomegranate seeds.) A rich generous salad covered in sumac served in a bowl-like plate: A super crunchiness and lemony taste with the rich explosion of quinoa, finishing with the sweetness of the pomegranate. I liked the red colorful side of this salad provided by the radish and pomegranate.
- Yellow Table Burger, 24,000L.L: (Classic pure ground beef burger served with coleslaw and French fries) The burger is served in a round plate with a unique metallic bowl of French fries. A round bun covered with sesame seeds. It is smaller than other normal burgers around town. Beautifully presented a layer over the other, this burger has an interesting juiciness and sweetness to it. It's ingredients melt under your teeth like butter. I enjoyed it so much! The mix of white and yellow cheese and crunchy American pickles make this a perfect creation. I love how each bite has a mix of crunchiness of the seeds followed by the original burger ingredients. The meat is well cooked and juicy at the same time. Fries are yellow like the restaurants name and tasty as well. Eating the meat alone puts the peppery aftertaste upfront that's enjoyable. Bravo!
- Asian Beef, 200g, 40,000L.L: Char grilled beef tenderloin skewer with teriyaki sauce served with basmati rice. The meat is soft and tender without any unpleasant feeling. A rich taste full of flavors. I really enjoyed the meat and the plate's decoration. A large skewer is on a bed of rice, seasoned with teriyaki sauce. Be prepared, the sauce is a bit bitter. You have to love teriyaki to like this dish.
- Cheese Cake topped with blueberry jam 12,000L.L: The taste is there but the texture is unpleasant. The cake is too soggy. But I loved the ingredients and sweetness
- Pain Perdu with vanilla ice cream 12,000L.L: This is a good dessert and surely one of the best Pain Perdu in town. A square bread like the normal pain de Mie. 2cm in thickness, the caramel layer is slightly crunchy on the outside and inside is soft and tender and full of taste. All ingredients are well dozed. Just place it under your palate and press your tongue on it. Decorated with two lines of strawberry sauce with strawberry slices