CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Le Mas Candille Hotel: A Paid For Luxury
It's 9am on a beautiful morning, here in Mougins where a sumptuous buffet awaits me. Sitting on the terrace of this five stars hotel, I couldn't but share with you this one of a kind experience, that's really worth talking about...Here you will indulge in fine culinary wonders that will oblige you to eat: Two kilos already gained this week from all this fine food enjoyed.
At Le Mas Candille, breakfast is served until 10am, so waking up early is a must. Nestled within 10 acres of terraced Provencal Parkland and surrounded by mature cypress trees and old olive groves, the hotel offers mesmerizing views across the Mougins valley to the Pre-Alps. The place and ambiance is where the story starts. In a garden, away from any possible noise pollution, under pine trees and old olive ones, set up on the stone tiles are round tables surrounded by pink designer chairs. Silver cutlery, light music plays softly in the background, while a buffet waits to be shared.
The place's architecture and decoration:
- Pink and burgundy designer chairs
- Round and square tables
- White table cloth
- Professional staff in black smoking suit and pink ties
- Breakfast menu
- Outside seating with the sound of chirping birds
- Full silverware service
- Fresh lemonade squeezed on the spot
- A large choice a few propose
- Individually wrapped sugar cubes
- Metallic petals center the tables
- Surrounded by beautiful scenery, this is one of the most majestic breakfasts I have had to date
- Villeroy&Boch fine porcelain plates
The diverse buffet:
- More than eight different bread choices
- Six choices of jams
- Fondant au chocolat that is awesome
- Many kinds of biscuits
- Corn flakes and cereals
- Four different kinds of dried fruits
- A large choice of exotic fruits cut in slices ready to be enjoyed
- A fruit salad cut in small little cubes (a premiere for me)
- Fresh local cheese
- Tomato and mozzarella prepared in a plate
- A selection of ham from around the country
- Boiled eggs, Fried eggs and cooked ham: a kind of egg purée and thick slices of cooked ham
- Mini cut fruits
The first morning I ordered the pain perdu, a premiere for me at breakfast: Light, exactly how it should be for breakfast. The next day was time for omelette. What is called "Une Omelette Baveuse" was served: the picture says it all, it was one of the best I've ever had: rolled scrambled eggs with shredded ham in the middle and Emmental cheese. Adequately salted and seasoned, when you start you cannot stop. Every bite is as tasty as the next. Every ingredient is fresh and the choices are overwhelming: I made sure to wake up early every morning, to experience their breakfast again and again... Yummy!
The only minus:
The croissants are not up to this hotel's and breakfast standard. I consider them to be unacceptable and need to be changed.
What I loved the most:
- The super professional service and welcoming staff
- The omelett
- The chocolate viennoiseries
- The fruit salad
I loved this part of the day at Le Mas Candille Hotel. Welcomed by a unique staff, we were given the same table every day and served the same coffee the way we each like it... We felt at home, surrounded by family in a five stars setup. A majestic breakfast I dream of experiencing in Lebanon.